2012 overload-

History channel is running a series, " the Nostradamus Effect", which somehow ties him into 2012, the end of the world. There have been several specials of Myan Prophesy and 2012.
Do we have to have 3 years of this? How goofy is it going to get in Nov. /Dec. 2012 ?. I am tired of it already. But the nuts are going to fired up like never before. If it builds up, we are going to see nothing but end of the world crap in 2010 thru 2012.
Give me a break .

“Like never before”?! Have you already forgotten 1999 and Y2K?!

Step away from the television set.

The world will end in 2012 because they will do anything to prevent Obama winning a second term. :smiley:

I’ve been having loads of fun watching these. The material is better than you see in most sitcoms. You can almost hear The Twilight Zone music playing in the background.

Try being a librarian. We don’t have any more books on 2012 because they’ve all been stolen.

You have plenty of time to keep rebuying them. May bend your budget a little.
I wonder how crazy some people are going to get? This one has years to feed the nuts and convince the weak. The going could get weird.

I hope something really freaky and/or cataclysmic does happen. The end of the world has to be pretty frakkin cool…:smiley:

Just be glad you’re not related to one of these whack jobs.

My sister wants the whole family to get together on this day “just in case.” :rolleyes:

No, sis, I’ll see you a week later on Christmas.

Three years? You’ve been out of the loop haven’t you? They’ve been obsessed with this since at least '06 (I remember the same special block playing around the time the Omen remake came out, along with the usual Antichrist stuff).

At this rate it’s going to happen, we’re going to get so overflooded either:

1. People will got mad from it
  2. The internet will overload and cease to exist, causing mass chaos
  3. The History channel will finally get bored of reruns and hire shadow agents to cause the apocalypse so they have something to cover.

Edit: After 2012 do we have until 2038 until people freak out again or is there another date that’s getting traction yet?

Actually, no. There’ll just be shooting stars spelling “THE END” in the night sky. Then the credits will roll by order of appearance, in a very, very long series of “X as Him/Herself”. After which, Quetzalcoatl will leave the Universe dejectedly, muttering something about there not being a bloopers reel or even the sequel’s trailer, and arguing with Tezcatlipoca over all the plot holes.

I turn 40.

I haven’t been keeping up with the woowoo, what’s supposed to happen in 2038?

Me too! :slight_smile:

I think 2038 is the Unix Millennium Bug, or some such.

The Unix Millennium bug, the Unix version of the Y2k bug.

On preview: Bah, StaudtCJ beat me to it. But I included a link! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ironically, between the two crises, it’s the 2012 apocalypse that’s Epoch Fail.

And to be able to say, “I was there!”… ohhh, hang on…

Just wait till the movie hits in Nov. That will kick off tonnes more shite.

The effects look fucking brilliant though. I’ll be going to see this on the biggest screen I can find.

The UHC getting any upgrades in 2012? How long will the 7TeV upgrade at the end of 2010 take?

If so it could be a golden age of crazy.