2013 Weight Loss & Healthy Living Support Thread

You have a pretty consistent pattern of that sort of stealth bragging around the boards (and in fact if you had showed me the text of the post blind, and asked me to guess who that was, you’d have probably been the guess - one or two others in the running). You could’ve just left it at “she looks really amazing for her age but even with that amount of work a lot of people simply couldn’t do that so don’t have unrealistic expectations”, but you had to sneak in the part about how you were perfect and it came to you effortlessly and all you fatties shouldn’t even get your hopes up trying. I find it implausible that your intentions are as pure as you state, but if what you say about your intent is true, you could find non-condescending ways to express it.

Edit: I may be rushing to judgment on the condescending thing. It’s plausible that the stealth-bragging aspect was the important part to you, and that you weren’t deliberately trying to insult anyone. That’s actually fairly likely, so scratch the parts where you’re necessarily being negative towards everyone else.