2014 US General Election Results

Reps win the South Dakota senate seat.

Dems win in Michigan.

MSNBC has Sheehan winning in NH.

If I weigh you one day and you have 1 pound shoes on, and I weigh you a second day and you have 3 pound shoes on, you can weigh more and still have lost weight.

Similarly, if you try to suppress minority turnout, and it pisses them off, you might get more turnout than if you did nothing. #themoreyouknow

MSNBC is calling New Hampshire for Jean Shaheen-D. Maybe Scott Brown can try again in Maine.

9pm EST, so the polls have closed everywhere except Iowa, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, and the five Pacific states.

Don’t stay up until the polls close in Alaska, unless that’s where you live. Their Senate race may not be settled for days.

Everyone here in PA know that Corbett was toast. Still, I’m relieved.

Polls closed just a few minutes ago in Arkansas. CNN is predicting David Pryor lost his Senate seat to Tom Cotton. I hope they are wrong. How many more moderates in either party can we afford to lose? :frowning: Somebody has to stand in the middle and support bipartisan legislation. At this rate there won’t be any moderates in the Senate.

I’ll wait to see what the local news reports. Right now they just barely started counting votes.

New Rep governor in TX.

Hell, Brown could try Vermont, Connecticut, and Rhode Island too. Maybe he can get all his campaigning done at once by going to the Big E in MA.

No surprise; Abbott had crushed Davis in almost every poll leading up to the election.

Pryor out, Cotton in.

GOP +3

I see CNN has projected Asa Hutchinson as the next Rep Ark Governor. I’m not surprised. He advertised heavily and outspent Mike Ross.

Oh yeah, send him to RI. We could use the ad money.

I used to live in northern Virginia. This happens often; the Republican candidate looks about to win, but then suddenly northern Virginia’s votes are counted, and the Republican gets crushed in the vote tally.

Cotton and Capito; who’s the 3rd gain?

McConnell was an incumbent.

Send Brown here to Hawaii. Nothing like wan high makamaka haole wit’ one truck fo’ get da vote out.

Do you really want to deal with months of that, though?

Some surprise to BrainGlutton, who gave a rolleyes:

South Dakota, Arkansas, and West Virginia.

Ah, thanks.

South Dakota, whoever the hell the Senator from South Dakota is about to be.

And apparently Republicans (like Bricker) have no more idea than I do who the hell he is.