2014 US General Election Results

Today is November 4, 2014, and the United States is having an election for 36 Senators, 435 Representatives, and also state elections for governors, legislators, judges, dogcatchers, etc., and also legislators, voter initiatives, ballot measures, levies, and so on at the local level.

This is the results thread.

Well Fox commentators are stating that exit polls in New Hampshire and Kentucky are more Republican than expected and are getting all a flutter about a GOP rout tonight…we will see.

CNN just called it for McConnell, Lindsay Graham and Tim Scott.

FOX projects McConnell win. Too close to call in Virginia. Georgia too close to call. Both seats in South Carolina go to the GOP.

MSNBC also projects McConnell, Graham and Scott.

This early for McConnell is a mild surprise, but his winning is not a surprise. South Carolina doesn’t surprise me in the least.

In early returns, Brown is up on Shaheen 60% to 40%!!!

Raw vote totals show him up 3 to 2. Yes, 3 votes to 2 votes. :slight_smile:

Dixville Notch?

Wow. MSNBC is reporting that, as well. Can’t be right. But fingers crossed.

Can he take a knee and run out the clock? :slight_smile:

I really wish CNN would pay attention to other races besides the Senate. For 100% of Americans, the governor and the legislature of their state have more influence on day-to-day life than the feds do.

Bummer about McConnell. What’s wrong with Kentucky? Jim Bunning, Rand Paul, McConnell… how low can they go?

CNN projects Rep. Capito to win in West Virginia.

Capito in West Virginia. First female U.S. Senator from WV. First time a GOP Senator has been elected to a full term since 1942 in that state.

NC too close to call. Kasich wins reelection for Governor in OH.

Some useful tools from Daily Kos:

1. Poll closing times by state.

2. County benchmarks by state, IOW, what a Dem has to get in each county to break 50% statewide.

3. Election night livebloggingon the main page.

I almost voted for him, and I’m not a Republican. No surprise.

I keep saying no surprise. . . I may never stop. . . :frowning:

Incredibly ugly for the Democrats so far. The early call for McConnell means the Senate is probably over. So far, although it is early, it looks like that every close race might go the Republicans way.

Crist is looking like a winner in FL. With any luck, no more Gov. Voldemort.

It’s early, but Georgia and Virginia are looking good for Reps.

Hopefully, not.