2016 Lunar New Year sale on Steam

3707 titles on sale, it says.

I picked up Kingdom Rush already and am eyeing the Assassin’s Creed games as they are now Macpatible.

33% off Fallout 4…hmm…maybe it’ll go down to 50% for the Winter Sale.

Any experience with the Assassin’s Creed games? Assassin’s Creed 2 and Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood are the only two that are Macpatible; if I am only getting one, which is better/more fun?

Assassin’s Creed 2 is widely considered to be the best in the series. Brotherhood is pretty good too but I suggest you buy AC2. The game will bring you up to speed with what happened in AC1. The Brotherhood will probably leave you scratching your head if you haven’t played AC2.

I concur. Assassin’s Creed 2 is easily the best game in the series. I absolutely loved it. Brotherhood is more of the same. If you only got one, get 2. If you can get both, I don’t think you’d be disappointed with Brotherhood.

Thank you both, Uosdwis and Rand.

ETA: I also picked up a racing game called Breakneck that sounds like fun.

How is it better than 1? I tried and quit the first game twice due to how bored I got. I have always heard they improved things in the sequel.

I too quit the first game twice due to boredom, but eventually finished it the third time,…I still thought it was quite a boring game overall, though…
Two is nothing like that. Two is very fun, interesting and like I said, a lot of parts are more like Prince of Persia than AC.

In the first one the only interesting missions were the assassinations themselves. The prep work was always the same repetitive stuff. In AC2 the missions up to the assassination are more varied and interesting. Missions in and side-quests in general are much better. Though bear in mind it has a lot of the annoying eavesdrop/follow missions that plague all AC games.

The main character, Ezio, is more fleshed out than Altair. Altair was kinda an empty shell. Ezio feels like a real person with faults and feelings. It’s no wonder they stretched out his story over three games. The story is also better and introduces some interesting concepts. The ending is great and I feel that if Ubisoft hadn’t dropped the ball with the series it would have been considered video game’s “Luke, I am your father” moment.

The gameplay mechanics are also improved. The cities are better designed and more enjoyable to traverse. AC2 also introduced to the series the challenging climbing puzzle areas for high level gear. Ezio gets some new, fun, toys to play with. The combat is bit more varied but still the old attack-counter-attack pattern.

There’s also these cool and sometimes quite hard optional picture puzzles that expands the game’s back story. They dropped them in the later games, unfortunately.

Hmm, I have so many games unplayed, or partially played. But now I really want the new Carmageddon. The Old original one was so much fun. If this one is even a quarter as good it would be well worth 20 bucks.