2020 Prez hopefuls... your take or your candidates

I’ve whittled my list down a bit.

Biden’s still on your list though? He’s at least as handsy as Franken.

I really think it was naive to assume Franken had no skeletons from his SNL days. Jane Curtain described it as a full time drunken frat party fueled by Coke if I remember correctly.

Which is largely why I believed him from the first time he said “Hell, NO!” when asked if was interested in running. Whether he remembered this incident the way it is being reported or not I’m pretty sure he has enough sense to realize there are just too many stories from his past.

ETA: nitpick - it’s Jane Curtin.

I haven’t heard any allegations of sexual assault (groping or forced deep kissing) or harassment against Biden. Do those exist? I’ve heard that he’s a big hugger, but that’s not at all the same.

I believe Ditka is the poster trying to push the story from the Enquirer that Biden was a bad as Weinstein because he walked around his house at night naked.

And SF politics are known to be corrupt. No doubt Rove & the Kremlin could dig up something really bad on Harris. Harris is fine where she is.

I say Governor Brown.

Look, he’s quite popular, did great with the budget, and anything Rove and the Kremlin could dig up would just be fake news, since he has been vetted so many times.

We can’t put anyone up that hasnt been vetted time after time.

And given his age, he could be a one termer and bring someone much younger, perhaps a woman from the South* as VP and then prez.

*Claire McCaskill for example. Tammy Duckworth woudl work too.

Yes. See post #55, or read the recap here:

It’s a very special kind of hugging that involves asses and breasts.

You love repeating unconfirmed allegations don’t you?

**For any taking the above post at face value, no standardly accepted news source has confirmed this report. **
ETA: Let me add, I think Biden is a terrible choice to run in 2020. I just don’t like seeing garbage rumors spread without objection.

“At his home” a man has a right to be nude.

They have pics of Franken “groping” a sleeping female soldier. Yes, thru her flak vest and yes it was clearly meant for comedic appeal, but that puts him out for Prez.

I saw that at the time – that’s random anonymous internet stuff. I’ve seen random anonymous internet stuff relating horrible behavior for pretty much every public figure I’ve ever heard of. Random anonymous internet stuff (which would include a hypothetical SDMB post saying “An anonymous agent told me they witnessed HurricaneDitka doing terrible thing X”) is ubiquitous and thus meaningless. Actual accusations and allegations require an actual accuser/alleger (i.e. someone stepping forward, named, with concrete allegations about who-what-when-where), not random anonymous internet stuff.

That’s not universally true: Erick Williamson Convicted for Drinking Coffee Naked In His Own House! - CBS News

I was responding to this post:

the answer to that question is “yes, allegations of sexual assault exist.” You personally may not find them credible, but that wasn’t what iiandyiiii asked.

OK then. One last question: How confident are you, on a scale of 1-10, that if Biden runs for President there won’t be “someone stepping forward, named, with concrete allegations about who-what-when-where” against him?

Personally, I’m at about a 2. If you guys want to run him, great!

No idea. Might as well say this for every potential Democrat – I’m quite certain I’ve seen random anonymous internet stuff against every one of them. Hopefully someone will come out soon, if there’s anyone to come out, for Biden. And if there are people that Biden abused, but they’re afraid or reluctant to speak out, hopefully some smart Democratic party insiders are hiring investigators to sniff out every possible whiff of this from potential future Democratic presidential candidates to avoid having it come out at the wrong time.

If your opinion is based on random anonymous internet stuff, then I’m baffled why you’re focusing on Biden since this stuff is out there for almost everyone.

I’m having a hard time thinking of another Democrat that Time published something like this about, or of whom I could find a picture approximately this cringe-worthy.

Like I said though, you guys should totally run him. I don’t know why I’m wasting my time trying to talk you out of it at this point. I’d be delighted if he was the Dem nominee in 2020.

If anyone feels that they’ve been mistreated by Biden, I very much hope they come forward. Nothing you’ve put forwards suggests this is the case (though it’s certainly possible, just as it is for anyone). Sometimes I hug friends and acquaintances. Sometimes people are even more affectionate, even if they aren’t family. I’m not going to condemn affection unless someone comes forward saying that they’ve been mistreated by such affection.

I don’t know who you’re arguing with here, since I haven’t put forward any desire that Biden by the nominee.

She wasn’t a soldier. But it does raise some concerns.