2021 SDMB Celebrity Death Pool

So sorry for your loss, Baker. Take all the time you need.

I’m so sorry, Baker.

Don’t give us any thought. We’ll send some thoughts to you instead. I’m sorry to hear about your mom.

I’m so sorry, Baker.

So sorry for your loss

I’m very sorry for your loss Baker.

:frowning: I’m so sorry for your loss, Baker. No need to apologize! You’re in our thoughts.

No need to apologize, Baker. We understand. You have my deepest condolences.

So sorry, Baker…

Thinking of you, Baker.

I’m so sorry for your loss, Baker. Take all the time you need xx

I’m so sorry to hear that, Baker. Sending love and light your way.

Notorious former Kansas Attorney General Vern Miller dead at 92.

Sgt. Dot Cole died in January at 107.

I’ll take my pointless points now.

Take it as you can, Baker. We understand.

I was going to post this, but I didn’t think anybody outside of Kansas would know (or care) who Vern Miller was!

Jim ‘Mudcat’ Grant has thrown his last pitch.

We cover a fair breadth of minor celebrities here, of whom many of us have never heard. Essentially, anyone who is nominally newsworthy (for something other than being ill) seems to be fair game, and some of us learn new stuff from some peripherally famous person’s exit.

I referred to him as “notorious” due to his over-the-top enforcement of Kansas liquor laws (which were pretty ridiculous at the time anyway), including trying to arrest airline or train passengers who were drinking as they passed over/through the state. But yeah I don’t know how well known he was outside of Kansas.

He first gained notoriety as sheriff of Sedgwick County (home of Wichita) by hiding in the trunk of an undercover cop’s car and springing out to make the bust as soon as the money changed hands.