2021 SDMB Celebrity Death Pool

British entertainer and dancer Lionel Blair has died aged 92. I remember him best for the Celebrity Charades show Give Us A Clue, but he did loads more than just that.

Am I correct that there are no bonus points for unique picks?

mmm

Cartoonist Margaret Shulock who wrote for Apartment 3-G and Six Chix passed away last month at 28 points. Pointless points.

Yes, but I think there is an “insider with the Reaper” award for the most unique picks.

Did that award not go to a player who had like 5 or 6 unique picks that put them at the bottom of the board with 0 points a few years ago?

I don’t do it for the awards. I’m in it for the money.

Former CFL player and professional wrestler Angelo Mosca Sr. has died at 84.

Terence Wilson, who as Astro was a founding member of the band UB40, has died.following a short illness. No date of birth or age listed that I could find, although I didn’t spend much time looking for one.

Wikipedia says June 24, 1957. 64 years old.

It did. The player’s picks were from the list of supercentenarians (people of age 110+), IIRC.

Thanks. I was on my laptop, which currently moves slower than my phone for this kind of thing.

Actor Dean Stockwell from Quantum Leap (and loads more besides… probably) has died, aged 85.

I legitimately thought he had died years ago

Brother Cavill from Battlestar Galactica. I admit that Quantum Leap is his biggest role, but his performance on BSG will always be his best role for me. He was incredible.

:frowning:

Oh no! I saw him not too long ago in Kim. He was a very talented actor, at any age.

Veteran, Senator, etc. Max Cleland has died at 79.

Former MLB pitcher Pedro Feliciano has died at 45.

Emmett Chapman, jazzman who created the guitar-like instrument called the Chapman Stick, dead at 85 from cancer.

There is no official announcement yet, and the guy would barely qualify as a celebrity, but as the creator of Something Awful Richard “Lowtax” Kyanka is indirectly responsible for a significant portion of what the modern concept of internet social media is (for better or worse). Much of what we think of with social networking, blogging, podcasts, memes, etc. can trace their origins to Something Awful. 4Chan and it’s various offshoots might never have existed if not for SA. Picture memes supposedly originated their as well.

Cause of death is still unknown (common when the death isn’t even confirmed), but if true, he left 55 points on the board.

Well, fuck… back in the day, I freaking loved Something Awful. Some of his pieces were absolutely hilarious and his/the site’s contribution to internet culture is indisputable. RIP.

ETA: Found this and it made me laugh: