2021 SDMB Celebrity Death Pool

I definitely think he qualifies for this thread.

Jerry Douglas, who played patriarch and founder of Jabot Cosmetics on the CBS Soap The Young and The Restless will not be restless (or young) anymore at 88.

FW de Klerk, last leader of apartheid South Africa, has died. He was 85.

Graeme Edge of The Moody Blues has passed away at 80.

The drummer was here, but he beat it.

He reached the end?

Coronji Calhoun who played Halle Barry’s son in Monster Ball dead at 70 points.

It’s official now. His ex-wife confirmed the death and the cause was suicide.

Gaming focused websites and other news sites are also confirming: Richard ‘Lowtax’ Kyanka, Founder of Something Awful, Is Dead at 45

Damn. I had him on last year’s list.

another “de” but only really famous for not-quite-a-month so I doubt anyone had an obscure tech company founder on their list:

Gavin O’Herlihy, aka Chuck Cunningham, has died at 70.

Insert your own “disappearance/attic” joke.

The real question is - what color shirt was he wearing when he crashed?

Every article is about him as Chuck but I know him more for things like Willow and Sharpe. He was the son of actor Dan O’Herlihy and did much of his acting in England.

Also despicable bad guy Dan Suggs in Lonesome Dove. Ended up swinging from a tree along with the drunk and misguided Jake Spoon in a memorable scene.

How many Chucks Cunningham were there? Three, or just two?

I guess there were three. One in the pilot, O’Herlihy and someone who played him a couple of times. I don’t remember any of it. My family didn’t watch the show and when I caught it on syndication it was always the later Fonzy centered episodes.

That band’s lost its edge.

Does that mean we should be putting David Evans on next year’s list? Because, he could be worth some points.

Sure, if you think U2 is about to lose its edge, rather than having lost it years ago.