"24" Season 2, Episode 7 - 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Maybe the gift card from the Terrorist Thrift Store can serve as a kind of ID to future terrorists. “See, I know [whatsisname]. Here’s his HQ.”

Actually, the President and CTU all use Dell Computers. I know because when I saw them, I thought “I have one of those!!”. I’d wager that Dell has an advertising contract with Fox, (or at least 24), because to date I have not seen an Apple computer. They didn’t have them last year either, IIRC.

Tonight’s episode was very well done. I thought that they had put Abusive Dad in the trunk; didn’t see the wife coming at all. I was commenting that they should’ve ditched his car ASAP, because it’s only a matter of time before he reports it stolen. And does Kim remember the last time she took his car? It’s got satellite tracking! He can find them where ever they go anyways.

Does anyone have any theories as to the significance of the gift card Nina picked up? It might’ve been to just pop a lock, but considering that the Terrorist building was wired pretty well, it seems unlikely that a gift card could open a door in there. My guess is it will play some role later on, possibly as a tool to help her escape, which is when I think Jack will finally kill her.

Something is off with the President’s Chief of Staff. Just the way he is acting is making me suspicious of him; of course, I’m suspicious of everyone. I think the head of the NSA is on the President’s side, though. Call it a hunch.

All in all, a great episode. 10/10

Oh yeah, there were Apples a plenty last year. mostly bad guys. and I think Long Face CTU young guy had one. Dell doesn’t have a contract with thim, at least not that was told to the employees. Wehn Swordfish came out, they made a big deal about how Dell was being used in that movie. They never mentioned 24 to us. One thing I do notice though…the Dell badges on the tops of the laptops are all turned upside down so that when the system is opend and the back faces the camera the ‘DELL’ is easily read. IRL, it would be upside down.

Maybe Nina is going to the same party that Abusive Dad was going to and she forgot to get a present.

Wow.

Oh, wow.

It was a traveling show…Jack and Nina flying to Visalia (what was up with that mark on her back? They zoomed in a bit while she was changing in front of Jack…and what, you can’t wear a bra in prison?), Terrorist Dad and the blondes and Reza going to CTU, Kim and Shaggy on the road to Aunt Carol’s.

I feel sorry for Megan. That little girl is going to be so messed up…watching Dad beat up Mom, watching her au pair beat up Daddy, possibly seeing Mommy in the trunk.

[hijack]Did anyone catch the promo for Joe Millionaire? They’re taking a man who makes $19,000 a year, pretend he’s worth $50 million, and throwing him in a pit with 20 buxom bachelorettes. I think this is sick and humiliating. Women thinking they’re on “Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire?” again, and some poor schlub wining and dining and seducing them, only to say to the Lucky Lady at the end, “Hey, babe, you’re the one, but we’re not going to the townhouse in the sky.”[/hijack]

Both Apple and Dell computers are being displayed prominently, although I think Dell may have ponied up a little more dough. And so far I’ve only seen Apple powerbooks. No desktops.

This is the only show I WILL NOT miss!

I still don’t understand Palmer’s seeming capitulation to his scheming wife. She is going to do him damage, even he seems to know this. Yet the Manipulating Bitch gets to ride roughshod over his meeting and his staff.

What’s up this that?

Maybe Pres. Cerrano will dress up the ex-mizzus in a Nina outfit and send her to help out Jack so that Jack can take out his frustration on a stand-in rather than the real McCoy.

C’mon, I just wanna see someone pop that hussy! Ensign Ro, didn’t they teach you anything in the Maquis?

I agree with everything above except the Kim plot, which is becoming more and more irritating each episode. I don’t know how they managed to have only five minutes in this ep and make it worse, but they did.

Jesus, just let the dumb shit leave. And why the hell is her life always so malfed up? Stupid plot. Stupid.

I’m surprised that Evil Dad didn’t do a better job wrapping up the body. I’m sure he was concerned about getting blood in his car. Anyway, maybe Kim will finally tell the police the truth, like she should have done in the first place, though I doubt they’ll believe her now. Although I think the evidence will back up her story. It’s a nice chance for a CSI/24 crossover episode though :). I feel bad for Scruffy Boyfriend though.

I too am wondering the significance of the gift card. I don’t see how you could pick a lock or handcuffs with it, so it’s got to be something else.

Also, I like how Jack made Nina think she was about to die. I think that’s enough to quell his revenge instinct, since he knows he can’t actually kill her.

The Warners are too much like a soap opera, they’re getting annoying. Although maybe CTU should pick up this Terry guy for questioning as well. After all, Tony probably heard Bob tell Kate to call him.

Could she be sharpening it to make it into a shiv? Something she might have learned in prison?

Bah! They use toothbrushes for that, ivylass.

Well, I think you can sharpen a gift card or a credit card to a sharp point too.

Besides, Crescent Collectibles did not seem to carry a wide range of toothbrushes.

Oh, and were Nina and the Islamic guy romatically involved? And since CTU’s translators weren’t working fast enough, can any Dopers translate?

Since he was trying to get a flight to Mexico city for him and daughter, I’m thinking he probably didn’t care much about the car any more.

I think Nina would get “romatically involved” (read: screw around with) any guy who could help her in whatever her quest is…money, toppling some govenment, who knows.

Was that card a gift card for the store? They looked like phone cards to me, the kind where you buy a card with so many minutes (like the big ‘50’ on the card in the show). Since it appeared to be a phone card to me, I figure she stole the phone card so she could call someone when she escaped (since she doesn’t have any cash on her). I’ve seen those cards in a variety of stores, especially ones that are run by or frequented by a lot of immigrants, so it doesn’t seem out of place to me.

I don’t like the whole bit with the president, he’s just acting dumb AFAICT - he lets his ex-wife push around his staff, believes her talk about a conspiracy without any evidence, and is hurting efficiency in the terrorist investigation to investigate that alleged conspiracy (which she could be part of).

Even if it is a phone card, if it’s not activated, it won’t work, right?
I thought it looked like a gift card for the store.
And she just sort of slid it up her sleeve. Would it still be there after her little jog through the store?

I also don’t like the bit with Palmer and his ex-wife. I think she’s using him. I think she’s most likely part of the conspiracy to bring him down, but she’s using her relationship with him to get close to him, and he’s just letting her in because he feels sorry for her.

I think Palmer and Lynn may have a little something going on. Anyone else pick up on that?

I took it to be a gift card. Crescent Collectibles seemed a little on the upscale side, and don’t you have to activate a phone card in order to be able to use it? How is Nina going to get a chance to do that?

Oh, and did Islamic guy get shot? Jack said he was unconscious, but I didn’t see if he got shot or not.

I think that she took the gift card for later usage - we’ll find out why. I don’t know what she’ll do with it, though. Maybe use the magnetic strip for something?

I assumed that Nina knocked him unconscious and took his gun. When they started storming the store, I don’t think there’s any way they could have gotten to him quickly enough to stop him shooting himself.

I was guessing that Nina knocked him out and fled – and probably hoped that if she did hold up her end (and give them the guy, alive) that things would go better for her whether she escaped or not.

I’m pretty sure the “just a tax lawyer” must know what’s going on. When Kate (that’s her name, right?) called his office, she was told he was “gone for the day.” So maybe he knows that something bad is supposed to happen in L.A. that day?