24: Season 4: Episode 22 (4:00am - 5:00am)

alphaboi867, I believe a few weeks ago (Right after Air Force One was shot down and President Wussy became president), they made some mention about taking President Wussy into some underground bunker. Must be pretty close to DC though, if they can get all the Joint Chiefs and selected members of Congress there in 10 minutes…

They should change his first name from Habib to Houdini!

You know what’s really killing me this season when it comes to suspension of disbelief?

It’s not that terrorists keep focusing their plots on L.A.

It’s not that L.A. is, apparently, slightly larger than Helenville, Wisconsin.

It’s not that your typical CTU assault team carries nothing bigger than a pistol.

It’s not that Marwan makes the Roadrunner look easy to catch.

What really gets me are Jack and (naked) Mandy.

Jack would have to be one of the most famous people in the world…and if not in the world at large, at least he’d have to be the most famous person working in the world intelligence circle.

Mandy has been involved in almost every big terrorist operation targeting the USA. She’s had more two-hop run-ins with CTU than anyone outside the newspaper vendor across the street. She’s never changed her look. And yet somehow, SOMEHOW, CTU has yet to whip out a dossier on her.

Yet in some strange way nobody ever seems to know who Mandy or Jack is.

I mean, what the hell?

-Joe, thought Michelle may as well have shot Tony right then and there to make his now-inevitable passing less painful

OK, this is my first season.
WTF is Mandy?
And why do you guys think the babes who kill the guy after they have sex with him are “hot terror chicks”? :slight_smile:

Mandy has killed her way though…well, 3 out of 4 seasons, I believe.

Season one she blew up a plane for the sake of stealing an ID.

Season…two(?) she poisoned President Palmer in the last few minutes of the season - a plot possiblity that went absolutely nowhere.

And now she’s apparently involved in nuking some city. So, presumably, the nuke definitely isn’t headed for L.A.

As for Mandy being hot, well, she’s Mia Kirshner, and Mia is hot. In a confused schoolgirl kind of way.

-Joe

Mandy slips in and does Evil Terror Tasks, then fades away into the woodwork.

In season 1, Mandy did suffer a slight loss, though. After she ruthlessly blew up a 747, she later had to watch her lesbian-lover-partner get shot by the bad guys she was working with, because her little girlfriend tried pulling a little double-cross to squeeze more money out of the baddies, if I recall. They didn’t go for it, and her little girlfriend was toast.

So if I was Secretary Heller, when sonny-boy’s big revelation came, I’m pretty sure the first thing out of my mouth would have been, “You concealed information from a federal investigation into an atomic bomb because you wanted to keep your sex life secret? Let me tell you something, nancy-boy, this ain’t Melrose Place, and no one here gives a damn who you sleep with.”

Beat

“Just so long as he treats you right.”

. . .

Anyway, why is Jack even trying to talk to Audrey? Does he think he has a shot with her or something? As far as I can tell, florists don’t sell “Gee, I’m sorry I killed your husband and tried to torture your brother” bouquets.

Here’s a reason. Here’s another. And another. That covers hot. And “terror chick”? Because she appears in numerous episodes of 24 blowing up planes, poisoning presidents, and killing guys she just had sex with. QED?

I was under the impression that they were in the bunker under the Whitehouse. Still it’s not a good idea to have almost the entire line of succesion in the same place, at the same time under normal circumstances. Under 24’s circumstances it’s unterly insane.

My HD signal dropped out a few times, and I missed a scene or two. Did Heller Jr say he was having sex with the guy?

Nope. They gave no indication that the bunker was under the White House.

I guess the fundies are right, homosexuality is a danger to this country. :smiley:

Why didn’t they dump SecDef’s kid’s phone in the morning when they interrogated him the first time?

Love has made Tony soft - I could have shot my way out of that situation easily.

There was a good article in Salon about what in “24” could happen and what couldn’t. The upshot was that most of it wouldn’t. Terrorism experts were extremely skeptical that Islamic terrorists would be able to recruit as many non-Moslems to their cause and keep them quiet for so long.

Well, he actually won a brownie point or two on the “torture your brother” bit, because not only did he NOT have to interrogate Richard, but he gave Audrey her chance to talk to him first. And it was actually Dad who broke up that little session and took over the proceedings. So Jack has to get a few points back from Audrey on that one. (Although the point-spread is quite large after the “killed your husband” part…)

Did it give odds on the likelihood of a blonde getting her leg caught in a cougar trap and forgetting that she had opposable thumbs? Just wonderin… :smiley:

All I’m saying is it’s gonna be a lot of gladiolus and irises to make up for that one.

Oh, Mia Kirshner. I’ve seen her in 4 roles:
-A stripper in Exotica (which is EXCELLENT, even ignoring the part where she’s a stripper)
-The meanest girl on campus in Not Another Teen Movie
-A sexually confused young naife in The L Word
-And a frequently naked lesbian assassin on 24
I’m so happy to have her back… I was literally clapping my hands in excitement :slight_smile:

Haven’t read the thread yet, but <i>OMG GOD IT’S MANDY THE LESBIAN TERRORIST ASSASSIN!!!</i>

PS. Tony, you’re a dumbass.

Somebody really needs to count how many CTU and other assorted law enforcement people have been killed in the LA area today. I’m guessing it’s closest to 80. There’s at least one per show. Tonight there were at least three, but I’m not sure how many died when Marwan got taken away.

Or how the heck his associates (and how many does he have left) were able to know exactly how he would be transported out of the building? Are they part of the Psychic Terrorists Network?

“Well, if two guys walk out with Marwan and leave him in an SUV, we can fire our rocket and take out the other SUV and then maybe nobody will be in the car with Marwan and then we can shoot a lot of people and then we can make our getaway…”

Who apparently wants to be Laurie Partridge! What was with the clothes/hair?

Were they honestly saying that Richard was really supposed to know to tell them every sexual encounter he’d had for the past 6 months? How ludicrous can it be?

And how did President Logan get to be Vice President - did he win a “Be a Vice President of a superpower” contest at the county fair? I’m more politically astute than that.

And they did finally reveal Marwan’s plan and it was “We were to lazy to actually write a background story - so let’s give him ‘America Sucks!’ that always works.” sheesh. People do not spend ten years planning a plot so complex that taking down Air Force One is merely a diversionary tactic just because we suck. They want something. If nothing more than a new sarcophagus