24: Season 5: Episode 7 (1:00pm - 2:00pm)

Yeah, Curtis took a hit in the body armor. At least he’s smart enough, knowing he’s going in with Jack, to wear body armor. I seriously get scared every time Curtis shows up that they’re going to kill him.

Nah, it was the guy from The Pretender. Obviously, he didn’t read the script well. Never accept a job where you die after two episodes.

He was shot. I guess they were probing or pressing on the wound. He wasn’t given anything for the pain.

Chloe - she’s having a good day for her. She got some last night, so despite the fact that the dude betrayed CTU, she’s still riding that high. Edgar seemed happy Spenser was gone; he wants him some Chloe too.

I had the same feeling. As soon as I saw her, I said “Run a check on here. She might be another Lesbian assasin like mandy”.

No, she’s always like that.

In season 3 (when she was introduced), she was pretty much, “Oh-My-God-I-Can’t-Wait-For-Her-To-Die-Horribly” Chloe. But in season 4, at least for some of us, she was “Gosh-I-Think-She’s-Growing-On-Me” Chloe.

But that thing she does? That’s her regular personality… or lack thereof. :wink:

Oh, and I loved that little grin Edgar gave after Chloe gave him her snarky reply (after she told Spenser to hit the road). It was kind of like Edgar saying, “Ahhhhh… she’s back. The same old Chloe we know and lo… well, our Chloe…”

I bet Jack goes down to the shooting range all the time.

Jack comes in, stinking of gun oil, at 2 am. Diane turns the light on, as he’s trying to get into bed unnoticed.

Diane: Where have you been?

Jack: I went to the bathroom.

Diane: Then why do you smell like gun oil? Have you been down to the shooting range again?

Jack: No, I’m cheating on you behind your back. That’s her perfume.

Diane: Your girlfriend uses gun oil as a perfume? I don’t think so. Just for that, no sex for you. One week!

My MST3k comment on the lingering shot of Edgar smiling after Chloe kicked out Spenser…“Woohoo! The normal looking computer geek’s history! Now Chloe has no choice but to fall in love with me! De-Fault! De-Fault! De-Fault!”

I think Curtis was jumping up and down on the wound.

And then she got to fire the guy. Never been happier, 'cept maybe when she reformats his hard drive. :slight_smile:

Or maybe when she goes online and erases all traces of his real identity and replaces it with a phony identity with a mile-long rap sheet and paints him out to be a drug lord and child molester, and then sends an anonymous tip to the cops as to his whereabouts. She’ll probably have a nice wide smile… well, smirk… after that. :wink:

Chloe wouldn’t do that. She’d just make him seem more involved with the terrorists than initially thought (maybe a few fake wire transfers into his brand-spanking new Cayman account), and sic Jack on him. Revenge by Bauer.

Naw, I think his smirk was more of a “That darn Chloe.”

I agree wholeheartedly with both of these.

So Jack’s been a bit cranky today… he shoots the guy who killed Palmer (prematurely, IMO), he got in a few extra shots of Walt before the eye-gouging, and the beat the living hell out of the lobby security guard for no discernable reason. IIRC, Chloe did at least tell Jack that the Penthouse guards were on the move while they were in the elevator, so I guess he would assume they’re bad guys. Considering all that, I thought he may very well have killed Rossler himself, for the good of the girl, after they got Badger’s rendezvous point.

Speaking of which, hopefully it won’t be too hard for CTU to splice together “Meet me at the Dodger Stadium parking lot in twenty minutes” (Or, “My voice is my passport, verify me”) in the next few minutes.

Am I the only one having a bit of a hard time buying the terrorist plot here? Terrorists from a small breakaway Russian Rupublic want to detonate canisters of nerve gas in the U.S. because they are his enemy? Enemy because the US was aligning with Russia? OK. But how in the world would this advance their cause in the slightest?

Not that a 24 terrorist plot ever needed to make a lot of sense.

OK, so maybe skinny Russian Girl is Terrorist Guy’s niece/sister/ ward. . . and dead American Guy bought her and used her and shamed her. That would make Terrorist Guy want revenge on the USA, right??? Isn’t that about how it goes?

Yellow Tie said they’ve been found out and will be hunted down by the Americans, so they might as well whack some Americans before they are caught.

Actually, they wanted to detonate them in Russia, but as we found out a week ago, they discovered that the detonating device was tampered with and they were unable to detonate them, and by this time, all the ports and airports are shut down, so it’s no longer possible to escape the country with them. So they do the next best thing, which is detonate them in the US.

Exactly. The US is now a target of opportunity and revenge, having blocked Yellow Tie from his intended target.

I understand that, but it is certainly ablut the worst thing they could do to try and advnace their cause. Nevermind, one should never think too much about 24 world logic.

Don’t forget that Walt was “helping” these guys attack Russia, or so the terrorists thought. Once he found out that Walt and his buddies had double-crossed him, he decided to take out his anger on U.S.A.

In other news, I think that “from Russia with love” is definitely in with the terrorists. She will probably end up in a cat fight with Kim at CTU headquarters. We all know how well Kim fares in fights with cats…

Did anyone else think that it was strange that Spencer put his suit jacket back on when he returned to his computer to work? A little nitpick, but it seemed stupid to me.

Thank God that Sam from Division isn’t in field ops anymore. Can you imagine how fast America would get nuked if he was trying to do Jack’s job. He didn’t get in a single punch. Something is definitely going to happen with his I.D. being taken, just can’t figure out what.

I have visions of him standing outside of the CTU building, forlornly looking in the window and shouting “Come on guys, let me in!”