24: Season 5: Episode 7 (1:00pm - 2:00pm)

Whoops…

Of course, he was late for an important, National Security-related meeting. By the dumpster. With a crack whore.

Damned kids always ruin Jack’s plans. Maybe she and Berhooz can get together and have a nice life.

Now what will he tell the others when he gets back to CTU? “Um… I ran into a doorway…”

The baddies do that at least once every season – and I don’t get it at all.

“I’m not going to tell you until I get amnesty and a billion bucks and the director’s cut boxed set of 'Sex in the City.”

And the good guys actually hem and haw over it.

Excuse me? CTU runs around doing all sorts of things that involve faked IDs. You’re telling me that they can’t forge the signature of whoever the terrorist choses? Print up whatever the guy wants, slap on a signature and get on with it.
Or is there some arcane rule about CTU being allowed to wiretap and kill and break & enter and torture suspects at will, but you’re never, ever allowed to lie to them about faking amnesty???

Jack is beginning to offend me as some secret police type that is above the law, wielding the Patriot Act like a chainsaw on terrorists and citizens alike. Who were the guys he and Curtis killed who thought they were shooting at someone who broke in?
Anway, it seems a forged document, or even a real one, and a bullet in the back of the head would be just his style.

I saw John McCain in a cameo.

Yes, yes, you think I’m nuts. But it was him. I have a DVR and I rewound it for another look. It was in the upper left corner of the four way split screen coming back from the break at about 1:32. He walked in from the left and handed someone a file.

I read an article about “24” in this months “Maxim”. He visited the set.

I had to blink as well. I rewound and I definetly think it was him! I wonder why they just put him in the corner and not in a full screen shot.

I caught it, too, and had read about it on FARK. He was in the top left corner, handing something to Audrey.

I’m also wondering why asking for something signed by the President (or whoever) is so sacred. Just send two fifteen-year-olds to Kinko’s (with apologies to Lewis Black).

I’m going to sound like Comic Book Guy here, but this episode was pretty predictable. Especially with the three dozen lingering shots of the girl Drazen II was with.

I was a bit distracted by the fact that Google Earth works fantastically on dialup, so maybe I missed this- did they establish that the security guards at the penthouse were Bad Guys? They looked to me like rent-a-cops hired for generic hotel/condo security.

I so thought they were going to let Jack come up with someway to off Mr. Immunity. I damn sure didn’t see that coming, but it’s just like CTU to conduct a half-assed search.

Did anyone else think Chloe’s firing of Spencer was lame. It’s Chloe the Queen of Insensitive Comments. That scene should have been:

Chloe: Hey Spence port everything you’ve got over to Edgar

Spencer: But why…

Chloe: Because you’re fired; we needed you earlier, now we don’t.

Spence: But…

Chloe: Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out Biatchh!!!

OK maybe not the “Biatch” but still.

Am I the only one thinking that Walt’s suicide has the possibilty of another inside man? Personally the SS guy that took him always seemed like a bit of a dick.

On preview, Troy it was pretty obvious that at least the guys on the penthouse floor worked directly for Mr. Immunity. I’m not sure about the Lobby guy but he only got a beatdown. The penthouse guys were armed to the teeth with automatic weapons, and started firing as soon as the doors opened, so fair game.

Who didn’t see that coming?

Seriously, why do people fall for this every time?

A bunch of foreign guys walk into my office, hold a gun to my head, tell me to open a bunch of suspicious looking canisters for them, talk about how much they hate the russians and then promise not to kill me.

It doesn’t take a genius to guess what they’re up to, and if they’re willing to gas a bunch of people, I doubt they’re going to just let me walk away.

It’s not a matter of “Will they kill me?” but “How much will I help them before they kill me?”

My comments:

-I knew Hobbitboy was gonna get something. I just thought he was gonna be kidnapped. But that whole situation was too obvious.

Personally, I would have just told her “I’m sorry, but there’s a national emergency going on here. I’ll call you back tomorrow”.

-Logan still gets bossed around by whoever yells at him the loudest,or threatens not to have sex with him.

-Jack lives for this sort of thing. Does anyone really believe he’s gonna quit? Hell, the crisis isn’t even over yet. Jack.

-“We can’t detainee Walt indefinatly”. Dude, there’s about 300 guys down in Cuba who would disagree with you on that…and that Padilla fellow.

-Mechainc guy is an idiot. Beliving the whole “help us and we won’t kill you” terrorist trick. Mechanic guy doesn’t watch TV, it seems.

-People die a lot in custody on this show.

-I feel sorry for the guy in the lobby. Really, he just works there, you didn’t have to beat him up.

-I was hoping Jack would agree to Mr. statutories conditions, but Jack would cut his balls off as insurance. “Try having fun with your little sex toy now, buddy!”

-CTU really needs to pick up stray guns.They have the habit of finding their way into the hands of people who want to kill the recently captured bad guy who is just about to put the last piece of the puzzle into place(Saunders, Alexi Drazen).

-Jack, Kim can wait a little longer. She still thinks you’re dead. Another few hours isn’t going to hurt.

Anyone else thinking the Russian girl isn’t quite what she seems? She was awfully quick and accurate with that gun. When that went down, my thought was that she’s a hacker and the one who’s actually doing the work. But now I’m not so sure.

Maybe I’m just 24-paranoid. Sometimes a beat up girl is just a beat up girl. I think.

No it wasn’t! My housemate and I were arguing about whether Walt would “blow his brains out” (his call) or “cut his own throat” (my call) when they totally pulled the rug out from under us and revealed that he’d hanged himself. Never saw that coming.

I don’t know about the Russian girl. On the one hand, she’s suspiciously able to take care of herself – and way too assertive for someone who’s supposedly been used as a punching bag and worse for an extended period – but 24 has never strictly adhered to very solid standards of realism, and she does have some conspicuous marks on her body. She could either be Mandy’s new room-mate and #2 in the whole plot, or an innocent victim that Jack will rescue a few times and then set up with his awkward common-law stepson, officially making him the most awesome mom-diddler on the planet.

You know what would have been funny? If the gullible mechanic turned out to be a bright boy and deliberately ruptured one of the cannisters, sacrificing his as-good-as-dead ass to take out all of the bad guys who were inexplicably standing around him in tight formation in a poorly-ventilated space just as though he wasn’t nervously trying to make a precision cut in a can that contained pressurized nerve gas. “Never mind Jack, you can fuck off, after all.” And then they’d run Boxing with Celebrities in the slot for the rest of the season.

The Walt suicide thing was silly. When the president orders you to be “taken away” they’re not going to walk you down the hallway and say “Now you wait here, and no funny stuff.” The only thing that makes it plausible is if Mike orchestrated the whole thing, and that’s a new layer of complexity for that character.

Was I the only one who thought Russian Hooker Chick was going to off herself? They keep playing on that potential suicide vibe, first with the First Lady, and then the possibility worked out last night too. I was pretty surprised that she killed Rasputin or whatever his name was. When I saw her go for the gun I thought that Jack was going to whack her.

Look for an appearance next week of the voice replicator technology to replace dead hacker dude, and for them to play on the fact that Russian Terrorist dude has no idea what the hacker actually looks like.

I was trying to decide for the longest time if that was Craig T. Nelson as Rossler. I guess not, though, but he does kind of look like him.

I hope everyone is now painful aware that this is EXACTLY why the Bush Administration needs tap domestic phone-lines. Does anyone want to guess how many other calls CTU had to monitor to be able to nail that one guy? Although, its possible they were only listening to the people within a 15min drive from CTU.

I guess this episodes proves why the government agencies need more power to deal with potential terrorists. Makes me wonder how many guys in Gitmo are now asking for a “full presidential pardon and a 15 year old girl.” {Assuming they’re watching 24 down there}

I’m not sure why CTU didn’t contact security in the building and tell them Jack would be coming. Killing the two security guards seems excessive and unjustified. I agree with carnivorousplant on this one.

Since yellow tie was so pissed about being betrayed/lied to, I figured they’d break the mold and have a terrorist who keeps his word (once he gives it). Then I realized that TV is trying to put people in the exact mindset we all have: they’ll kill you anyway, so you might as well go down fighting and if you don’t survive you might at least foil their plot. I suppose I can agree with that, it would be nice to see someone on the show take that attitude, though. If the guy cut into the canister all the way on purpose, that would have been a great twist.

I rolled my eyes when they introduced Lynn’s druggie sister. I totally saw that coming (the attack) when he decided to meet her. He was doing so well, too. Did anyone notice how they purposely showed the guy take his security badge? I think that will be important later… he’ll probably sell it to the terrorists, who can use it to attack CTU, probably after Kim gets there. C’mon Jack, it never works out well with Kim at CTU. Leave her alone until the crisis is over.

As far as the voice thing goes, they semed to answer that in the coming previews at the end of the show.

I like how Jack shot those 3 guys with 3 bullets without being shot, not bad considering he may not have shot a gun in the previous year and a half.

What exactly were they doing to that guy in the penthouse when he was tied into the chair? Looks like something to his legs, but I couldn’t really tell. I guess it’s better than getting your eyes cut out.

This is my first year…errr, day watching it. So, is Chloe always that short with answers, and shooting dirty looks at people, or is this just a bad day for her?

Question: Was Curtis shot or not? And if he was shot, was he wearing body armor? I’m confused.

Yup, and yup; hit in the chest while wearing armor.