24: Season 6: Episode 11 (4:00pm - 5:00pm)

The big question is where he got the duds in the first place. Maybe one of the guards had a spare suit Jack could use (since I don’t think he’s the same size as Logan).

I think Logan’s “ulterior motive” is a simple one: he wants to do what he can to get his wife back. Can he do it in 15 hours or so? Probably not.

And the reason Karen Hayes is taking so long to get back to LA? She probably booked on Jet Blue.

The real answer is that 24 is supposed to take place in real time. Since each episode covers one hour, this means that it’ll take a few episodes until…

… aw, nuts. I can’t even type that with a straight face.

The thing is, it’ll take her several hours to make her way across the country. But once she lands, she’ll disembark, get her luggage, go home, shower, change clothes, and arrive at CTU in…

You guessed it. Ten minutes.

Right, but my initial point in bringing it up was that Assad was leaving L.A. for Washington around the same time that Karen was leaving Washington for L.A.

Assad made it to Washington several hours ago. Karen’s nowhere to be seen. Of course, perhaps she had to take a commercial flight (where Assad got a direct military one), and Karen’s stuck on a runway somewhere, being fed a 5th package of peanuts and bland coffee that tastes like the surly flight attendant’s underpants.

True, but I wasn’t thinking that they were necessarily going for an air detonation – just use the drones to get the bombs to their location right before detonation. Quicker (and safer for Gredenko) than driving there, trying to plant it in a secret place, arming it, then escaping. Just fly it in, send the drone to the ground, then BOOM.

And tdn, you’ll have to find another sucker to take that wager. The odds are too heavily on your side… :wink:

Yes, I felt the same way. Stupid Reid. Why not wait until he’s STANDING AT THE PODIUM GIVING HIS SPEECH. What a dumbass. Now he’s going to survive.

It’s a sad state of affairs when I’m rooting for the bad guys.

Just thinking about all the potential terror threats that this show has already exhausted.

Season 1: blowing up a plane and attempted presidential candidate assassination.
Season 2: a big-ass nuke. That was great.
Season 3: Flesh-eating virus.
Season 4: Nuclear reactor meltdowns. And the downing of Air Force 1. Oh, and as an afterthought, a nuclear missile.
Season 5: Nerve gas.
Season 6: More nukes – smaller ones, suitcase nukes.

So… I think the writers are running out of weapon ideas.

I’m thinking for season 7, it might be… a giant “LA-SER”.

(Or at least sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their frickin heads…)

Maybe near the end of one season, Jack could start cracking and in the last few episodes, he starts sabotaging CTU and trying to help the bad guys in some form. CTU will be on their own to save LA once again.

The next season could have Jack playing the part of the cold-blooded murderer who the entire world desperately needs now, like Sean Connery in The Rock (or hell, like Assad now).

Chloe gave out a non 555 number, wonder if it goes anywhere.

Brian

Yeah, you’re right – I noticed that and wondered the same thing at the time. Didn’t try calling it or anything…

The former First Boobs?

:smiley:

Anyone notice Mrs. Logan’s Crazy Music during the first scene with Logan? Subtle, but nice.

24 has leitmotif?

I agree with the post above… Wayne Palmer sucks as a president.
This is my first season back after missing seasons 1 1/2 until now, so I may be saying things thare are already known to be impossible. However; the wife and I think it would be cool if ‘junior’ turned out to be Jack’s son. And Humina Humina Humina, Jack’s sister-in-law (Rena Sofer aka Marilyn Baur) is smokin’ hot IMHO. She’s also Heidi Petrelli on NBC’s Heroes.

Which Logan hasn’t gotten to see for a while now.

I’ve been saying since the end of last season that we should have had President James Heller next. William Devane running the kicking-ass-and-asking-questions-later administration.

Turns out the phone numer (310)597-3781 has shown up before on 24.

http://www.tv.com/day-4-1100-a.m.-1200-p.m./episode/384942/summary.html

http://www.tv.com/24/day-5-1200-am---100-am/episode/664094/summary.html

Brian

If you call it now (sue me, I’m bored), the message is in Spanish, with a brief announcement “Nextel phone for 24”.

Scrubs has a fan phone, too, that appeared in an episode- (916) CALL-TURK.

I disagree. Earlier in the day, I was irritated at his indecisiveness, but in the last couple of hours he seems to be showing some strength and leadership. The conversation with Logan was quite effective in showing that.

I think Logan does have an ulterior motive, but I don’t think it has anything to do with his wife. The “standing on a rock” Bible quote could demonstrate Logan’s intention to see the country destroyed with him being the sole survivor. In any case, I think we’ll soon see that he’s definitely gone off the deep end.

Re Morris: Yeah, great gesture. Two whole swallows left in the bottle, and now he decides to pour it down the drain!

BTW, idea for a new drinking game: a shot every time Chloe says, “Fine!” :smiley:

Excellent!