24: Season 6: Episode 22 (3:00am - 4:00am)

Their words, not mine. Let’s just say real except for travel time. Could you see it if it was true real time:

Hour 1: I have to get to Cyberdyne Systems in Berkeley to stop a terrorist attack
Hour 2: (still waiting in traffic) Dammit, if I don’t get to Berkeley, millions will die!
Hour 3: (still waiting in traffic) Get me a hacksaw! My favorite, all-time, Jack line
Hour 4: (arrives at smoldering crater that was once Cyberdyne) Chloe, I’m heading back to CTU.
Hour 5: (still heading back to CTU)
etc.

I would like to see him somewhere besides L.A.

Memphis-Plot to blow up the pyramid. Subplot, levees.

New Orleans-Blow up levees, Katrina flooding all over again…millions will die!

Chicago- Sears Tower.

Tycho Crater-Crash asteroid into a secret moonbase.

Help me out here…

I’d like one season to include daylight savings, so everyone has to change their watch, and there would be either 23 or 25 eps that year.

We could find out why Denver needs a CTU station.

We could also address that terrorist nation to our north, but do so without ever mentioning that northern North American country’s name.

And then everyone shows up early for everything! Brilliant!

“Sir, the bomb will go off in two hours!”
(one hour passes)
BOOM!

-Joe

A McKenzie Brothers plot!
“Bring us the beer, or millions of hosers will die, eh.”

“24” writers are unaware that there is anything outside of L.A.

Sure they are - we have Russia, and Fayed’s country.

THOSE aren’t in LA. I think.

-Joe

Were the last set of middle eastern terrorists from Fayed’s country?

A few minor improbabilities in this episode.

Doyle got back to CTU mighty fast.    At the beginning of the hour, the terrorists had the kid and all they had to do was leave.   But Doyle teleported from wherever he was when Nadia called him to CTU in, apparently, three minutes flat while the terrorists putz around being all menacing.   Meanwhile, Jack is chatting with Nadia about various wild plans without the terrorists (who already shot one person for no good reason) reading from the terrorist handbook and saying "If anyone speaks, they die."

My favorite part of the episode is when Jack leaps into the sewer, * then *takes his gun out of his waistband. Then the whole CTU gang jump in and start waving flashlights all over the place. Hmmm. If I were a bad guy and retreating down a tunnel, I’d, I dunno, leave a rearguard with some automatic weapons and/or grenades to take out anybody who was wildly waving a flashlight. Or maybe leave a trip wire connected to some C4. It just seems like the bad guys hadn’t really considered that part of the plan – it was more like “we’ve had a lovely time raiding your facility and killing your people, we’ll have to do it again some time, take care.”

I’m getting a bit skeptical of Jack and his never-miss firearm taking down infinite numbers of orcs armed with automatic weapons. I admittedly am as far from a gun aficionado as it’s possible to be, but when multiple trained men with automatic rifles come up against a single trained man with a handgun, I don’t think the guy with the handgun wins.

Hated the “oops, I have to let the bad guy go because the kid is in peril” script cliche. Why is it that kids being chased always gravitate towards cranes or astonishingly flimsy walkways?

Good parts of the episode … well, no Audrey.

Wasn’t the Bad Guy Warehouse only a few blocks away, hence the quickly executed assault on CTU? Don’t get me wrong, they definitely fudge their time a bit, travel times most of all, but I don’t think it was terribly implausible that O’Doyle Rules got back so quickly, only slightly so.

The worst time discontinuity I can remember was Day One, when Jack and Mason arrive at the middle of that field around during 6-7 pm (I think). The timer ticks out at the end, and it’s daylight out (perhaps with the sun in the progress of setting). Then the next ep starts and it’s full-on nighttime. I may not have noticed if I hadn’t seen that season on DVD, but that’s a pretty sloppy transition, considering how ZERO seconds were supposed to have passed between the two episodes.

As for the latest episode: the first half was good. I agree that Jack sliding into a homicide was pretty cool, and I liked Nadia and Morris helping Jack fight. Second half was boring. I imagine that Lisa Miller is on her way out, like so many other second-tier characters who get ambiguously wounded and are never spoken of again.

Well, they aren’t in L.A. central. I think they’re near the Valley…

The hideout where they launched their assault from was a few blocks from CTU, yes. However, that wasn’t the hideout that Doyle and team raided – that one was farther away. I don’t remember how far, but it was probably only about 20 minutes away, given that Doyle’s team was suiting up at CTU at the start of the previous ep, and then arrived to raid the former warehouse hideout not too long after.

According to the episode guide on fox.com (this episode and last), here are the time frames:

2:06 AM – Doyle’s team suiting up at CTU.
2:07 AM – touching moment between Doyle and Nadia, with Milo watching (just before Doyle’s team heads out).
2:20 AM – Doyle’s team is at the Bloomfield plant and raids it, finding nobody there.

So travel time was no more than 13 minutes, probably less, if you subtract the time to get out to their cars, etc. And since Doyle’s team was already deployed and ready to raid at 2:20, I believe.
2:54 AM – Nadia forced by Zhou (the commando) to answer the call from Doyle.
3:05 AM – Doyle and team arrives back at CTU to save the day.

So, 11 minutes between those moments.

Not too different in the travel time out and the travel time back.

I know that I have to take this show with a whole salt lick, but there was one thing from this episode that made me laugh. This is a show where people can travel accross LA in about ten minutes, but Lisa the white house slut was having sex for over an hour.

Eh, I think it was more like 40 minutes. Besides that, they HAD Done The Dew like two hours before. So, I can buy that it went on for that long. Besides, he was trying to “relax” her, and that can add a good twenty minutes even for those of us who make Casanova look like an amateur.

-Joe

No comments on how Josh grew an uncharacteristic backbone for his one kick to Cheng on the stairs? (and then how the backbone went away just as soon as it showed up?)

I hate how stupid and retarded Josh, and all the ‘kids’ in 24 (from all seasons) have been. Josh keeps on doing stupid things, REAL stupid things.

I mean, there is no way a Bauer is THAT STUPID.
Chloe has been with the show for, well for 6 seasons right? If Palmer got him self killed in the start of Season 5, and Milo got offed in the episode before this one, and Curtis got offed … I think Rasjkub can tell Sutherland ((He IS an Exec Producer after all)) when she wants out. I doubt that Chloe will die ever. (Parts of Season 5 had her in more danger than this, right?). I think Nadia or Chloe’s (new) Ex will get offed. Tons of people can die, before Chloe needs to.

I’m mixed on 24 getting two more seasons. I knew the 7th was comming, as a CCG is going to be made on 24, and it was leaked then. But an 8th?!

I would trade the two seasons for a GOOD 24 movie. (Is that even going to happen?).

OR

If the “Events occur in real time” clause were to return, I wouldn’t care how many more seasons we have.

It was close to an hour. According to the episode guide on fox.com, here are the relevant times:

2:34 A.M.
Lisa tries to go into the bathroom to freshen up, but Bishop mentions that she recently showered at his apartment. She attempts to leave the room again, and Bishop doesn’t let her go. He begins undressing her and tosses her onto the bed. They make love while the camera watches.

3:28 A.M.
From the surveillance van, Lennox and the Secret Service agents uncomfortably watch the video feed of Lisa making love to Bishop.

3:29 A.M.
When they’re finished, Bishop asks Lisa why she is distant. She claims to be tired, and she goes into the bathroom.

[Jack]On an unrelated note, have I introduced you to my daughter, Kim?[/Jack]

No – Chloe was introduced in season 3. So she’s been with us for 4 seasons.

Four seasons.