24: Season 7: Episode 8 (3:00pm - 4:00pm)

I thought it was interesting that Jack didn’t ask him what kind of car it was and where it was parked. He just took the keys and left.

Are you kidding? Jack had that scoped out before they even approached the guy.

I tried to edit my post and it didn’t take. The additional comment would be to tell them you think he’s a terrorist. I mean, he’s from Sengala, which is all over the news that day. He’s using a fake identity - she had someone check State Departmetn records that nobody with his name immigrated from Sengala like he claims. Those should be warning signs for Homeland, shouldn’t they?

But those agents had already murdered the President’s son (and the son’s buddy, but nobody misses him). And were committing treason.

Besides, Tony was part of the crew slated to obtain the CIP. He contacted Bill because he didn’t like what was happening, but it is not like he could have said to his boss, “Gee, I don’t like the idea of giving terrorists a CIP and killing Americans. Can I sit this one out?” That guy didn’t seem the understanding type. So with or without Tony’s cooperation, they would have obtained the CIP. Facilitating that allowed them to find Debaku. That way, they can thwart the far more devestating plan of long term use of the CIP, plus the genocide in Sengala, and ID the traitors in the government.

Really, because I don’t. I was being facecious. I mean, does he expect her to marry him?

Debaku: “Hey, guess what? I’ve just been made the Secretary of [del]Defense[/del] War of Sengala. Want to marry me and move there?”

girlfriend: “Sengala, isn’t that the country that’s been all over the news where some brutal dictator pulled off a coup and is committing genocide? You’ve decided to work for him?”

Debaku: “The media exaggerates - you know how unreliable they are.”

girlfriend: “Okay, as long as I’m a diplomat’s wife, it can’t be that bad. Can we take my sister with us?”

They started one, maybe two minutes late. My DVR missed the last minute or so. I didn’t see the closing montage with the clock - nothing after the First Hubby was shot. But the show is on schedule.

Yeah, that bugged me. “We don’t have the resources to find this guy ourselves, we need the President’s help.” “Now that we’ve got the President informed, we can’t use any official channels. Agent Rowrr, call your BF in the FBI and swear him to secrecy.”

On the other hand, when they went to the President, they didn’t have any leads, but once there they found out about the death of Gedge and his involvement in the plot, and got the deadline on the First Hubby. That put them in need to operate under the radar again, which is why they couldn’t get back on official channels.

He just looked for the one with a narrow black tie hanging from the rear view mirror.

Huh?

A) That’s not the reason that Bauer gave. He specifically said that they handed over the CIP device to save thousands of lives. Treason in the US government wasn’t going to cause thousands of deaths, nor is the First Gentleman’s life worth having two planes smashed into one another and having a whole town be gassed.

Just thought of another thing… Jack was provided a “Jack Sack” ™ back pack, which he used in the raid of the grocer’s basement.

Your second paragraph should alleviate the bugged feeling of your first. I think that’s exactly it: They went to the President because, at that time, they had nothing. They didn’t even know that the first hubby had been taken. Once in the oval office, the situation came to light and (conveniently) called for yet more stealthy off-the-books action.

Even using Bauerette’s FBI guy to get the phone records, rather than some more direct means using the white house resources, makes reasonable internal sense. They don’t know who’s a mole; using white house resources to get Gedge’s phone records could easily tip off the bad guys.

Agreed, that was great. Especially since I was all set to hear another “With all due respect Madam President…you need to trust me.”

So the First Hubby was shot? My DVR cut off before that. Last thing I saw was Jack enter the room, then it stopped on First Hubby’s face. I’m guessing some surviving goon shot him and was, in turn, shot by Jack?

No, they tried something new. The goon managed to shoot the husband while Jack was shooting him. Three times. And they said that .40 was an improvement over 9mm.

Who was shooting what caliber?

Well, Jack almost certainly had an FBI handgun at that point, probably .40 caliber (clearly a double-stack mag, though didn’t look like a Glock like redhead had).

And of course, if you’re trying to avoid reflex responses, you have to aim for the T zone or brain stem (pretty hard when sliding on your back).

A bit late, but BauerCount.com says it was an H&K USP compact, which only comes in 9mm and .40 cal.

Jack: “But I’m only GOING one way!”
(okay, he didn’t say that, but he should have…)

It probably won’t even end up being John Voight. It will be Tom Cruise in a John Voight mask… (dun…dun…DUNDUN dun…dun…DUNDUN…)

Does Jack get to shoot him? Please?