24: Season 7: Episodes 3-4 (10:00am - 12:00noon)

Actually, I think it was pinging the cameras that reset them and kicked Chloe off (temporarily). Some kind of buffer overrun bug, probably :smiley:

Eve if they were to end up in bed, Jack would likely be unable to complete the deal. If I have learned anything from previous seasons, other than very minor bleeding, he has no other human bodily functions.

So Emmerson is suspicious enough of Jack to try killing him, but not suspicious enough to search him for a wire?

I’m still trying to figure out how the “Tony is a good guy” plot twist makes any sense. The whole conceit is that there’s some Big Bad conspiracy who’s going to use an electronic MacGuffin to take down the whole US infrastructure. This is heinous enough to send Tony back to the side of the Good Guys. Where the first thing he does is to help the Bad Guys steal the parts and build the MacGuffin.

I’m thinking Tony was deprived of oxygen just a tad too long during his near death experience.
Amusing side note to Tony’s explanation of his resurrection – the cabal that resuscitated Tony had insiders in CTU who injected him with some hyperbaric solution and delivered his body to the right place. So we get to add at least ONE MORE person to the already lengthy list of traitors, moles, security leaks, and stoolies that make up the personnel of CTU. I’m pretty sure that Burger King does better background checks than CTU did.

Instead of asking how we were caught so unaware I just wish once, the President would ask, ‘Who the hell designed it so that ALL of our essential systems are under one POS firewall? Jeezus my predecessor was a moron.’

I think they are really hammering home the torture debate, from the Senate hearing, to the anguish, yet turn by Agent Rowwr, to Agent Moss constant “It’s illegal!!1!ONE!1!!” to Janeane Garafolo heartfelt pleas to please not make her part of it (although it really did not take too much time to change her mind), to the hospital terrorist imploring, “You c-c-c-can’/t, it’s illeagl. You-you’re FBI.”

Also, what kind of hospital only notices someones equipment is malfunctioning when they are asked to see what room that person is in. I mean don’t most hopsitals have these essesntial systems on alarm type monitors.

And it is very convenient that the President’s husband finds out about some nefarious Juma finanical chicanery on the same day that all this goes down, not to mention that leaves the White House with a single security detail.

But I keep watching, because despite all that, it’s fun as hell.

I don’t think it’s quite as implausible as you’re implying. Timeline goes like this:
(1) Tony gets fake-deathed
(2) Tony becomes a bad guy, doing random bad guy things, but nothing that rises to high treason
(3) This goes on a for a while
(4) Tony learns about the McGuffin device
(5) At this point, he could either kill all his new buddies (at least one of whom he actually likes) and/or try to turn them in to the real government. But it’s corrupt. So instead he contacts Bill and Chloe, and they start the CTU2.0 scheme
(6) Which has been going on for a while trying to penetrate the whole conspiracy when Jack shows up

Funny side note: I saw Mary Lynn Rajskub and Janeane Garofalo perform stand up comedy together, so they presumably at least know each other, so seeing them as opposing girl-hackers is even better.

What salary? He’s been freelancing the last few seasons.

I liked the Chloe vs. Janis split screen. And Chloe – “really starting to piss me off” – nice.

I don’t think special Agent Rowrrr will end up in bed with Jack by the end of this “day”, but I’m sure they will be working together again by the end of this thing (like in the first two hours). She clearly admires his methods and results (from reading his files?), even if she now feels she got played.

Although – neither she or boss man were thinking logically after Jack and Tony ecsaped the building. One of them said, “Jack must have had this planned from the start.” Huh? If Jack’s plan was to help Tony escape, then why the hell would he have helped you get him into custody in the first place? He could have easily refused. And how would Jack have known that you were going to come pull him out of his senate hearing in the first place? Rational thinking is clearly not a pre-requisite for working at this FBI office. Chloe should be running circles around them all day.

Speaking of the FBI guys… Creepy Pale Guy just pretended to be the boss and used his code to get his wife’s plane put to the front of the queue. Which means that one should be able to land in the next half hour or so? Will that plane get singled out for a terrorist demonstration earlier than scheduled? Or will wifey get on the ground safely?

Hope springs eternal…

Since there are two 12:00s in the day, I wouldn’t agree that “12:00 noon” is redundant. It does clearly identify which one it is.

Nice. :cool:

No, he’ll totally pay for that. 24 has a mixed message when it comes to system admins. They’re both godsends and the eternal Achilles heel of the series, even moreso than horribly stupid politicos.

Well, presumably this was for the purpose of “we’ll keep playing along and see if we can find the Head Bad Guy by going along with the delivery of the device”. Unfortunately, Tony (and CTU Underground) were foiled by the totally unanticipated “I’ll deliver it myself, Tony, the less you know the better” conversation with Emerson.

This isn’t the first time that the “Let’s let the Bad Guys have the Dangerous Device and we’ll follow them back to Headquarters” strategy has failed to work as planned.