4 University of Idaho students stabbed to death

Students leaving on a Thursday before a week break isn’t exactly unusual :wink:

That’s why I said “early”, as in earlier this week.

On the other hand, far more mass killings have been perpetrated by your more common varieties of lunatics.

The incels I can think of who committed mass murders didn’t do so behind closed doors. They did so in very public manners, as if to draw attention to themselves, which I suspect is one of their insane points.

I’m not an expert on incels, but I think that if it were an incel or incels, there would be evidence of sexual assault or rape. The police and coroner didn’t mention that AFAIK. According to this on incels…

…said Imran Ahmed, founder and CEO of CCDH, a U.S.-based nonprofit. “Our study shows that it is organized, has a cogent ideology and has clearly concluded that raping women, killing women, and raping children is a clear part of the practice of their ideology.”

Butchered in tbeir beds. The kids never had a chance. :cry:

For what it’s worth, at least one of the four killed fought back:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/18/us/university-of-idaho-killings-friday/index.html

The father of Xana Kernodle said he spoke with his daughter midnight Sunday, just hours before she was attacked and killed. Citing an autopsy, he said she fought off her attacker through the end.

“Bruises, torn by the knife. She’s a tough kid,” Jeffrey Kernodle told CNN affiliate KPHO/KTVK in Avondale, Arizona.

Kernodle said Xana stayed in regular communication with her family. “I think midnight was the last time we heard from her, and she was fine,” he told the station, adding that he doesn’t understand why his daughter and her roommates were killed in their own home.

“They were just hanging out at home. Xana was just hanging out at home with her boyfriend,” he said.

The Coroner revealed a lot by saying the victims were in bed. That implies the killer went from room to room seeking out victims.

I’d guess Xana and Ethan were together. The killer had to overwhelm both people. That may have given Xana time to fight back.

Definitely reminds me of Ted Bundy killing the women at the Florida State University sorority house.

Everyone is guessing many things for which there’s little to no evidence.

Students are apparently leaving UIdaho in droves, and who can blame them? The local police started out by saying there was no further threat but they couldn’t say why and didn’t know where the killer was. Then later they said, well… maybe a little threat? I’d leave too.

It looks like a cheaply made house. Like manufactured housing. Student rentals are often really rundown, too.

ABC news ran a Tic Tock video of all the women in the house having fun. It was made a few weeks ago.

A bit eerie now.

I’m surprised the house didn’t have a ring camera.

I put up a floodlight with Ring built-in. I’m going to install another one for the back corner of my lot.

Even a cheaply made house is constructed using relatively standard techniques. The sill plate is going to seal fairly well due to the weight on it and liquids have surface tension properties. This isn’t an opinion hill I’m planting a flag on but news reporters are notoriously uninformed on what they report on. I will wait for police to confirm what is on the foundation.

What was interesting on the news was the door lock. It was a punch code lock and someone interviewed said non-residents had the code. I don’t know if that can be proved but it would explain how someone got in.

When I mentioned cameras upthread I was thinking in terms of bars. They should pull every business with cameras and download a month’s worth of images involving the murder victims.

Yeah, that seems very suspect to me as well. How much blood would have to be pooled up to start leaking out of the house? Don’t buy that.

Since I think I was the first to link to the photo, and subsequent posts have made me doubt the veracity of the picture, I wonder if any one here determine where the photo originated. I haven’t looked very diligently but the only credits I can find for it are the “Daily Mail.” Which doesn’t inspire my confidence.

Too much weird shit in this story. Something is very Fishy. Take it from me…

The longer this goes on, the more convinced I am that whenever they DO find out who did it, it’s going to be way beyond shocking to everyone.

I was thinking of the Delphi murders in comparison, but I sure hope this one doesn’t take years for an arrest.

If this was TV it’d be the opening scene of some professional badasses doing what’s meant to look like an insane slasher thing to send a message from the Big Mob to the corrupt mayor. Meanwhile this has piqued the interest of a transient do-gooder in town for some other reason. Which do-gooder has now vowed to drain the swamp that is the corrupt cabal of the mayor, the assistant police chief, and the secretly richest man in town. Unaware (so far) that’s only layer 1 of the onion of evil perverting this happy town.

We’ll see how close I got it. :slight_smile:

There are better shots of the house in the article below, and in none of them can I match up the “blood running down foundation” photos. I don’t think those photos are of the same house.

Looking again, there is a photo of three police in front of the end of the house. That blood photo could’ve been from around the back corner of the lower unit since it does have an above grade portion of the foundation exposed.

In further news, city admins ask the mayor to “shut the fuck up if you don’t know what you are talking about”. Always good advice.

Agreed. Looking into it the other day, it seems the Mayor was the public source of the “it could have been a crime of passion” narrative. Which is an incredibly irresponsible statement to make so early on and without much evidence to that effect.

I can’t recall another major criminal case where the release of information to be public has been botched so badly by authorities. The part where cops said two other (unharmed) residents of the house could be suspects or “victims” takes the cake…for now.

These particular authorities still have a ways to go before they botch the case (in general) as badly as the Boulder CO police did in the JonBenet Ramsey murder.