411 on the Cult of Desteni?

So a friend I haven’t spoken to in a while seems to be into the Cult of Desteni (thanks for the update, Facebook). We’re not very close so I’m not as concerned as I might be, otherwise. I’m also having trouble figuring out exactly how harmful they are (or even what they stand for).

This video gives a good idea of how members seem to drone on without actually saying anything (reminds me a bit of some NarcAnon text I’ve read).

This videois supposed to outline their beliefs, but I can barely get through the first three minutes. It’s loud and boring, but is it dangerous?

Anyone have any first-hand information with this group, before I slog through all the conflicting information online?

Major discussion with mucho info here.

Thanks! I also realised they have an official website here. can’t wait to read about demonology!

I like the fact that they don’t believe in our evil demon-based monetary system…but they will accept Visa and Mastercard.

I am waiting patiently for some kind-hearted reporter to unearth the leader’s tax records/receipts for luxury products and apartments/string of underage exes/criminal record.

It looks like a wacked out pyramid scheme:

Mama Mia, that’s-a lotta jargon. By the way, I’m holding the OP responsible if these people start showing up at the SDMB. :stuck_out_tongue:

Holding me responsible… or thanking me after they channel all your favourite celebs, like Steve Irwin, Marilyn Monroe and Heath Ledger?

I am through the looking glass here, people.