5 Day Fast.

Read it again.

The study does not say that a five fucking day fast is good for weight loss or health. It talks about intermittent fasting, such as every other day, or time-restricted feeding, etc.

Yes, skipping a few meals or even a day can be great. Not starving for five days.

Wow. Why so angry?

If you read my posts you’ll notice that I’ve been doing IF for well over 10 years now. It’s not news to me.

And I haven’t been “starving” for 5 days. I was fasting. There’s a difference. Most people are 3 weeks from “starving”.

Maybe calm the fuck down, yeah? :rolleyes:

Did you notice some muscle aches near the end of the fast?

How do the days after a 5-day fast feel?

No muscle aches. No particular sense of loss of overall physical strength. However, day 5 was a pretty low energy day and I didn’t get to the gym.

Adjusting to eating again, specifically having an active gut that’s processing food, is annoying. My fast breaking meal was about a half a cup of hummus and some pita chips. It hit my gut like a brick. Had to wait a couple of hours to eat again because of slight nausea while processing. The subsequent meal was a well balanced supper of orecchiette with broccoli rabe and sausage. I used a new (to me) vegan sausage that is indistinguishable from the real thing. I could only eat about half of my normal serving. But it wasn’t quite as hard on my gut as the first meal.

In general, my gut is a bit angry with having to do work again, but it’s adjusting. More importantly, my energy levels are restored and I’m heading back into the gym with a new sense of vigor.

This sounds like a spectacularly bad idea without a doctor’s supervision.

Yep. One day? Sure. Five days? Nope.

Why?

Well, I didn’t mean for the health or weight-loss benefits :slight_smile:

Just going that long without eating. I hate eating and still have to eat at least once a day or I feel faint.

In that case I agree with the reflexively panicky detractors. You should definitely not be fasting. Eat! It’s one of the few true pleasures in life.