Well, it’s November 8th today and according to my (pretty bad) calculations, to be exactly on track one should have read 42 books so far. How is everyone doing?
I’m not going to post the whole list, but I will say I’m at 39 and am about to finish 40 today. I’m behind enough that I think it’ll be a bit of a struggle to finish, especially since this month is full of school. I nevertheless have high hopes! Worst comes to worst, I’ll read all the way through my Christmas break.
Selections from my list:
4) Giovanni and Lusanna – Gene Brucker
9) The Grass Crown – Colleen McCullough (I read up to and including the October Horse this year, I won’t bother listing the rest)
13) Helen of Troy and her Shameless Phantom – Norman Austin
17) The King Must Die – Mary Renault
20) Life of Pi – Yann Martel
28) Zero – Charles Seife
29) Fire From Heaven – Mary Renault
32) Western Aristocracies and Imperial Court - John Matthews
35) Cartoon History of the Universe III – Larry Gonick
37) Hen’s Teeth and Horse’s Toes – Stephen Jay Gould