6 January 2021; A Day worth a Thread

I’ve been wondering if you knew something like this would happen.

I was watching Rep. Adam Kinzinger on Colbert. He had enough of a feeling something like this would happen today that he told his staff to stay at home to be safe.

I guess I had a sinking feeling that the President was getting desperate, but I didn’t anticipate anything like this.

This was amazingly prescient.

I’d say close this thread, I agree the day is now history, we can debate the fallout in other threads. I personally have some thoughts that I know the board won’t like, and I don’t think that this thread is the place to bring them up.

Start a thread in the Pit then. I’m sure there are others <ahem> who have been holding back with their volatile comments. Seriously. Anyone can start a thread…

ETA. Actually there is one in the Pit. Say what you want to say there.

I was actually expecting worse than what happened, but I’m still just horrified by what did happen.

If that makes any sense at all.

Oh, thanks, I didn’t see that I’ll go there

You make sense, I was expecting huge casualties. I’ll go to the pit for my thoughts on why that didn’t happen.

I have asked the Mods to please close this thread. There are many separate topics that can be profitably opened as new threads. I’d rather keep this as a record of what happened on a day that is going to be remembered, one way or another, for quite awhile.

And to those that asked, I figured that there would be protests outside the Capital and the Congress would drag on for 3-4 states, and that this session with the Electoral College debates would be worth a thread, but this…no clue at all.

Thanks to all who have posted. I open very few threads here, but this one…

Moderating:
Go right ahead. In fact, I will join you. Unless he is a Doper.

Moderating

This thread is already closed, but insults are not permitted in this forum.