61 hours of insanity: The final days of Trump

I hope that Corporal Punishment and Major Embarrassment can clear their calendars and attend as well.

God help us all if we catch a glimpse of Private Parts.

Maybe I can eventually cancel my amazon subscribe & save order for eye bleach.

Ahem. I think the headline is

“Rats Desert Stinking Shit”

So when is this raft of pardons supposed to drop? It’s already 5:20 on the East Coast. It’d be hilarious if he fucked this up too.

He has to be up early tomorrow morning, too – probably the earliest the lazy orange shit has been up in four years – or he won’t make it to Palm Beach before noon.

And now comes the fun part as all the legal stuff comes crashing down on him. I suspect he’ll be able to stall the courts practically forever and never see the inside of a jail cell, but I can hope.

He’ll drop 'em tomorrow just as Biden is getting sworn in. Attempting to steal the limelight one last time as he slithers out the door.

I think there may be quite a few disappointed folks in the next day or so:

• Hey, where is the pardon I paid Rudy $2 million for?
  • I stormed the Capitol, and all I got was a warrant for my arrest
  • I didn’t think Trump would throw ME under the bus!

Trump looks after Trump. That’s all. He has learned that he can’t pardon himself, so he may just hang everyone out to dry.

18 hours and 14 minutes!

I keep checking the countdown clock and rejoicing. I happened to be looking as it turned over from 24 hours to 23:59.

Watching that “1 day” change to “0 days” was one of the best moments I’ve had since this four-year nightmare began, topped only by the moments when I dared to believe that Biden-Harris had actually won and Warnock and Ossoff did too.

Interesting thing hit the wire: Trump talked out of pardoning kids and Republican lawmakers

Of course, he could always do his standard thing of reverse-double-down “I never said that, in fact I’m pardoning kids that I never even told you about.”

But it’s still surprising to hear that he entertained it at least for a moment.

Those are all things you’re selling on T-shirts, right?

Today I learned what I always thought was the 21-gun Salute is actually the 3-rifle Volley.

Boy, do I look forward to a 50-gun Salute.

Now watch him get the names wrong.
“But… but… That little sister of yours, whatzerface, she told me your name was Baldric!”

50 is probably more than necessary for a regulation firing squad. That’d be closer to the NK execution rumored to be done by anti aircraft cannon.

At least on my machine, that link goes to an error placeholder. This one might work:

When discussing these things, it’s very important to spell carefully. Canonization and cannonization are not the same thing :wink:

As an irreligious kid growing up in the era of Dan’l Boone and wall to wall westerns on TV, when I first learned about the creation of Catholic saints I thought the honor was a decidedly mixed blessing for the guest of honor.

There were people who loved Nixon - they thought he was nuts at the end, but they still admired his patriotism.

I think Trump has few people he can genuinely call a friend or an ally, and now that his legal and financial jeopardy is growing by the day (if not by the hour) and has no power to pardon or give out favors, he’s on an island.

I’m surprised for this reason that he hasn’t pardoned his QAnon thugs, but I wonder if he was warned by people like Chris Ruddy (Newsmax) and others that he’d wipe out whatever clout he had left if he did.

Not with a bang, but a whimper…

Good article:

They’re keeping Trump out of public view because he’s not fit to be seen:

Another reason Trump has not held public events in his final days: Aides feel he is too volatile to interact freely with reporters. Trump is “just not in a place where they would go well,” according to a White House official.

“He goes between, ‘Well, I’m going to go to Florida and play golf, and life is honestly better,’ and then in the next moment, it’s like, ‘But don’t you think there’s a chance to stay?’ ” said one senior administration official who, like some others interviewed, spoke on the condition of anonymity to be candid.

He has regrets about the Capitol riot…

...he regrets asking his followers to act peacefully later.

Earlier this month, Trump taped a short video calling on Americans to act peacefully following pressure to do so from Vice President Pence, daughter Ivanka Trump, son-in-law Jared Kushner and other advisers. Trump later told aides that he regretted doing it and that his supporters did not like the video, two officials said.

But this is hilarious:   :rofl:

Trump has been asking aides, friends and other associates whether they’d like a pardon. When one such person declined Trump’s offer for a pardon — explaining that they faced no charges, committed no crimes and therefore had no need for clemency — “Trump’s response was, ‘Yeah, well, but you never know. They’re going to come after us all. Maybe it’s not a bad idea. Just let me know,’ ” according to another senior administration official briefed on the conversation.

Even some of his aides don’t want to go to his farewell:

Some current aides are not interested in attending, frustrated with the president’s behavior in his final days and concerned about being seen at a public event with him.

Florida Man to pardon Steve Bannon.

About 21:30 PST now, so a bit past midnight EST.
0.0455 Scaramuccis left!
Even Scaramucci measures time in Scaramuccis!