"96 die in drug-sex-rock concert from HELL"

In the 80’s some religious relatives sent me a tape of a sermon against the evils of heavly metal/ rock, with samples from the most offending lyrics. My buddy and I listened to this tape many times, for the music. He became a very much into metal, and that tape was his introduction to it.

<minor hijack>

It’s actually caled the “Il Cornuto” and, ironically, is an old Italian ward against the evil eye, not an invocation of Satan.

It was poularized by Italian-American rocker and former Rainbow and Black Sabbath frontman Ronnie James Dio, who, one can only surmise, flashed it at the crowd to be assured that no one was hexing him.

The crowd began flashing it back at him and it wasn’t long before people were flashing it at every rock show.

So really what people are doing by flashing the Il Cornuto is saying, “Please don’t curse me with the evil eye!”

Incidentally, it’s worth mentioning that Jack Black is demanding Dio’s cape and scepter.

We were talking about this on a Metal site, and the fucked up thing is that some of these bands even those guys didn’t know. Where the hell did they pull some of these bands from? They were probably making them up or some shit.

Jeez, that’s a pretty good point, Eddie. The guys who formed Scratch Acid claim they started out by putting up a bunch of flyers so that they could claim they were in a band and impress girls.

Suddenly, it occurs to me that it would be incredibly easy to fake a band whose name would drive these bucket-heads crazy. Sort of like an Icy Hot Stuntaz, only sacrilegious.

I wonder if someone is doing it? And if someone isn’t, I guess I should get started…

Okay, I have a few bands this guy left off? What about…

Marilyn Manson
Deicide
Morbid Angel
Cannibal Corpse
Emperor
Dimmu Borgir
Shadows Fall
Cephalic Carnage
Genocide Superstars

And who could forget…Metallica! They are the most evil band alive.

Cripes. Even on a list of the worst, satanic bands of all time Rammstein can’t get named.

WHAT’S IT FUCKING TAKE TO GET A GROUP OF GERMAN PYROMANIACS CONDEMNED PEOPLE???

Especially after that whole Napster debacle.

Well, Type O Negative did a song called Christian Woman, so I’m sure they’re off the Satanic List because of that. :wink:

jar, Rammstein are good God fearing Christians, who wouldn’t dream of writing songs about doggy style sex, fiery plane crashes, or lust. Or perhaps the censors don’t speak German. :slight_smile:

And then there are all those Wagner operas with on-stage pyrotechnics. What would Jesus do?

Muffin: Jesus told the Right Rev. Peyote Coyote that he doesn’t listen to Wagner; He prefers Dmitri Shostakovich, Jimi Hendrix, Rchard Strauss, Buddy Guy, Woflgang Amadeus Mozart, Motown, Johann Sebastian Bach, and Ludwig van Beethoven. :smiley:

Kudos for getting “Van Beethoven” right, Peyote! :slight_smile:

Well, I suppose it depends upon how close he was standing to the pyrotechnics.

Stop, drop, and roll.