A big hand for Stoid, she ate a book.

I must be honest, I thought this would have ended up in the pit about a week ago. After reading Stoids slabbering in this thread http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=597317, my first thoughts were, “Somebody Pit this fool already”. But you are a lazy bunch it seems, so I will just do it myself.

Stoid, lets face it, you are a clown. A sad deluded clown wobbling through life desperately searching for that magical moment when you can exclaim to the world, “Its not my fault that I am fat, and here’s why!!!”.

Well, sorry to burst your grease bubble Stoid, it isnt going to happen. But wait! Maybe it has happened? You see, Stoid has read a book. A wonderful fatastical book that tells Stoid exactly what she wants to hear, isnt that just super! Gary Tubbys book, “Good calories, bad Stoid”, says that peoples metabolisms are different, and that fat people are fat not because they love bacon, but because they are different, they just work differently.

This cookbook is just the excuse Stoid needs for six pages of delusional rubbish such as:

and:

Plus:

Of course you can, Stoid you cad. And lets not forget the classic:

Just to be clear, I have no problem with some of the ideas presented in that thread. I do think people are different, and will lose weight in different ways. But Stoids attitude is just fucking unreal. Post after post of TLDR bullshit all proclaiming that she is now an expert, that everybody is groping blindly in the dark until they have read the book, that others just dont understand, and all the while ignoring the fat elephant in the room that all of these words are just Stoids delusions talking. Her delusion that there is a simple answer out there and that this book has it. The delusion that she was never to blame, that she got fat because of her genes, and the delusion that she stays fat because dieting techniques were wrong, not because she just eats too much and does fuck all exercise.

While I am at it. Stoid, your posting style sucks. Its been said before, but you only want to hear from people that agree with you. Everybody just gets ignored or spat at. If all you want is unrequited love why bother posting here, just get a fucking dog already. Then take it for a walk, who knows, that might help. I wonder if thats in the book?

She is an expert on weight loss just like she was an expert on appellate law. I suspect her diet will turn out pretty much as her lawsuit did.

Regards,
Shodan

She’s fat, you’re stupid. She could lose weight.

I will not be sober by the morning.

If you were my wife, I’d drink it.

Wait, what are we doing here again?

Prepare for the wrath of the Dope coming down on you bucketybuck.

It’s not Stoid’s fault that she is fat because her genes have made her this way. Much as it’s not my fault that I’m an alcoholic because my genes made me this way (damn Polish and Irish blood)!

You see this way nobody has to take responsibility for their lot in life because it’s all predetermined at birth.

Just Churchillin’, dog.

I’ve noticed that overweight people who want to lose weight often try a lot of different approaches before they find the one that works for them. There is a lot of misinformation out there that must be waded through.

Some of us are further along the path of wading through the bullshit. It seems a bit gauche to look behind us and belittle the people on the same path.

Good for Stoid for trying. And fuck you for being an asshole.

What

You lose.

Comrade.

You’re the Churchill now, dog.

Relative to obesity, there is a considerable body of evidence to support such a claim. Are we to take it that you propose that all such research is nonsense, meant to no other end but to deny personal responsibility? You know this for a fact, you can prove it?

No, I think the vast majority of posters disagree with most of what she’s posted in that thread. But bucketybuck’s OP is way too smugly prickish for many people to get excited about taking his side. Shit like “sorry to burst your [wait for it] grease bubble [waits expectantly for laughter]…get it??? [crickets]”

It just reeks of “ha ha, gotcha fatty!!!” Which is actually a lot douchier than someone being self-deluded. So, meh.

This may not be the thread for it - but the fact that rates of obesity have increased dramatically over the past few decades strongly suggest that this is not a genetic problem. Humans have not evolved to be fatter since the 1960s.

Cite: http://www.win.niddk.nih.gov/statistics/

From the wikipedia article on obesity:

“At an individual level, a combination of excessive caloric intake and a lack of physical activity is thought to explain most cases of obesity.[62] A limited number of cases are due primarily to genetics, medical reasons, or psychiatric illness.[63] In contrast, increasing rates of obesity at a societal level are felt to be due to an easily accessible and palatable diet,[64] increased reliance on cars, and mechanized manufacturing.[65][66]”

So, yes, for a very few people there is a genetic cause. But a casual look at the increased levels of obesity in our society rules out a genetic basis for most. That is, unless some strange obesity mutation has appeared and proliferated in our population in the last 50 years or so.

Uh, no. SOME (a very few) are obese due to genetic factors. Most are obese for the tried-and-true reason - they eat too much and exercise too little.

I really don’t think he would’ve been such a douche if anyone other than Stoid had been the OP. My opinion is that, in this case, it’s well deserved.

I’m pretty fat. I don’t exercise much, and I eat terribly. I’m perfectly aware that those are the causes of my size, and I accept that.

Just sayin’.

Oh yes.

I thought the thread linked to in the OP established that that’s just what she couldn’t do.