A chain of musical heavyweight idolizations

Bob Dylan ← John Lennon ← Phil Spector ← Brian Wilson ← Paul McCartney

Each name was a muse/idol to the name following it. If required, I can probably provide a youtube link of direct speech from the artist to lend support for each example.

Do you know of any other ‘museical chains’? Or can you extend this one?

I can extend yours:

Woody Guthrie ← Bob Dylan ← John Lennon ← Phil Spector ← Brian Wilson ← Paul McCartney

Source?

May I?
Huddie Ledbetter ← Woody Guthrie ← Bob Dylan ← John Lennon ← Phil Spector ← Brian Wilson ← Paul McCartney

I’m confused…how can Paul be 3 steps away from John if they were in the same band?

Why do the arrows point backwards?

I think the point is that Paul expressed admiration for Wilson, who expressed admiration for Spector, who expressed admiration for Lennon.

I also suspect Paul admired some of John’s songs, and said so, but the point was to make a long chain, not a short one. I also think there are plenty of people who can add on as being admirers of McCartney.

How strong do the connections have to be? I’ve seen interviews where a musician was asked who their influences were, and rattled off about a dozen names. Would all of those count, or just the one where e says “But I owe an especially great debt to the works of ____”, or the like?

The connections are ideally the strongest, and a personal and direct relationship existing at some time period is preferred. For example, Elvis ← Beatles is not ideal for this reason. Who is the main father figure/leader/muse/inspiration/guiding light/Konrad Lorenz?