A Dance With Dragons is done

So, nobody’s going to edit this book? It’s just “done”?

Have you READ his last couple of books? I think all they do is proofread him now. I mean, I love aSoIaF, but Martin’s in Robert Jordan/Stephen King territory right now…he’s big enough (watch the jokes!) right now that the publisher will put his writing out with a quick proofread.

Last few? He only has four and the third was fucking amazing.

Also, this book has been edited continously for the past 6 years. The only things that need to be edited now are the things he just finished.

That’s a point. Confine my comment to Feast, then. But in reference to Feast, it’s valid.

The second link I provided was from his editor, who has been editing alongside his writing the whole time.

It’s done. Stick a fork in it.

7 years for 2 books? No chance he meets that pressure. Show’s gonna need some long ass breaks between seasons. Oh hey, just like the books!

As for the 2nd part of your comment, well, lets just hope he leaves some detailed notes.

IIRC, he’s already said he’s not…what we get while he’s alive is what we’re going to get. Now, I don’t know if he was joking when he said that, but he said that.

Specifically, and this is a near verbatim quote, “If I ‘pull a Jordan’, you’re all screwed”.

And damn you guys are hawks. I had checked his georgerrmartin.com website just earlier today (like around lunchtime) to see if the “final word” was up and it wasn’t. And now… It is.

Damnit Martin. What the hell am I supposed to do next April Fool’s Day?

No one thinks of the little guys

Also like most HBO shows, so at least he’s safe in that regard.

It’s gonna be pretty weird when the kid playing Bran is on social security before they get to the end.