A feeling of horror

I’m new to this board so you’ll have to forgive me if this question has been asked previously.

When did you experience a feeling of horror?

Speaking personally mine was some years back when as a postman I delivered mail to a home which the owner had named “Pratulinska”, one day curiousity got the better of me and I asked the Polish gentleman who owned the house what was the meaning of the name.
By way of explaining he went into the house and brought out a photo album and showed me 3 pictures of a street in Poland.
The first was dated 1936, the second 1945 and the last as the street was today.
1936…was fine
1945… was a mass of rubble
today… was a really beautiful street scene
The name of the street was “Pratulinska” and was the street where he was born.
He then rolled up his sleeve and showed me the numbers which had been tattooed on his arm, plain simple blue numbers which at that moment filled me with such a feeling of horror it took days for it to go away.
Strangely enough this Polish man harboured no ill feelings towards the German race, as he put it “there is evil in few men but good in most”

Any time anyone kills a child. I love kids and can’t stand to see their potential wiped away. It could be in a scene in a movie or on TV or just thinking about kids around the world who starve to death or are abandoned by their parents–call me an old mush-head if you must. It’s horrible and it’s sad.

I try not to think about it, but it’s hard.

…probably more of an IMHO topic?

No Good Names…i did say I was new to the board :o