A Foot Cramp MMP

BLURF At irk. Tis almost the end of the month so I can get started on all the EOM things I have to do.

I would rather be home sleeping.

Sari I would imagine some of your fuzziness is probably hormone related. Just take it easy and give yourself time to get back to “normal”.

No plans for 4th except irk. Since the official holiday is being recognized by the feds on the 3rd we are working a half day on the 3rd and a half day on the 4th. There is a big Bash at the Beach 4th shindig and if I were a good employee I would volunteer and go sell some beer or something. I am not a good employee. I need my pitiful little half days off. Plus it is so dang hot. No volunteering for me this year.

The car paramedic came and my car got CPR and is working again.

I’ll be having lunch soon.

We haven’t done anything on the 4th for ages. My sweetie is making an extra-long weekend of it, but that’s pretty much it.

Lunch time! I’m having a leftover burger. Yum!

Ha! That’s gotta be fun. My family still talks about the time they took me to see Santa Claus. I’d been raised in India and never, ever saw a white guy with such a huge white beard. I freaked, telling my mom “the ghost is going to eat me!”

Yeah, that didn’t go well.

Morning, Mumpers!

As for plans for the Fourth, well, it’s not a holiday here in Canada, it’ll just be an ordinary Saturday unless something unusual happens.

July 1 is Canada Day, which is a holiday. So my family will be home from work.

I work at home and will probably continue my work on July 1.

On that note, I should get back to doing stuff.

Gourmets that we are, we decided on an early N.O.L. at that paragon of fine dinin’ known as Three Squares Diner. OYKW wants to go to a local place called The Mayberry Cafe tomorrow. I told him that means he’ll have to wipe his mouth on a napkin instead of his sleeve and keep his elbows off the table. He still wants to go. In a bit we are goin’ to lounge in the cee-mint pond.

Mika HEE! :smiley: That gave me a good laugh.

Midget yay for car bein’ revived!

I pulled the <snerk> butt! <snerk>, ribs, chikin boobs, thighs and laigs outta da freezer. Thursday shall be devoted to smokin’ ribs and Firday shall be devoted to smokin’ chikin. Sides shall be coleslaw, N.O.T. sallit, baked beans and bbq bread. Dessert shall be watermelon. That should be enough of a feast.

Ok, first thing, drag the trash can back from the road, then, cee-mint pond!

Hi folks! I’m back! The trouble with my computerbox was finally tracked down, dragged out into a dark alley, and shot in the back of the head.

What am I doing on the Fourth? I may go down to Irish Storyteller and Seasonal’s place if they’re doing anything. Big Fat Durwood Cat snubbed me when I was over there Saturday so I didn’t get to pet him. :frowning: I need to get my Durwood Cat pettin’s.

Does Durwood have any antique vacuum cleaners? The Durwood Kirby…

Good Og, that joke dates me…

It’s actually a “Bewitched” reference. Irish Storyteller got a beautiful calico once and named her Endorra and ever since he’s named his cats after characters on the show. Right now he has Durwood, Tabitha, and Adam the Ol’ Barn Cat. If he ever gets a black female cat, she’ll be Samantha.

Durwood Kirby.

No foot cramps - just foot pain after tramping halfway across San Francisco in the parade yesterday. The hardest part is navigating the streetcar tracks and subway gratings without twisting off an ankle.

Another fun day of servin’ Pennsylvania’s finest citizens. This is a short irk week due to the holiday and due to the half-day of testing on Wednesday. (They’re civil service tests for promotion.)

We’ve got nothing special planned for our nation’s birthday. We might go to the drive-in theater on Saturday; but since the sprog is visiting my parents for 10 days, we have to be at the airport at zero-dark thirty, so being out that late is a bad idea. But no sprog for a week and a half!

I stay in mid-cost Maine, near Pemaquid. Farther north than Old Orchard Beach.

I did get in some sailing, but not nearly enough. :frowning:

No leg cramps or foot cramps wake me. My DH’s snores sure do, though, and then woe betide me if I have to pee even a little bit. Game over!

Rumor has it that our 4th of July fireworks, launched from a barge in the Illinois River, may be canceled due to how high and flooded the river is. We shall see. DH is very active in his union, so we may repeat history and go to the Carpenters’ shindig if the fireworks keep on.

Truth to tell, though, I’d be just as happy to stay home with a chai tea and an HUGE pile of library books… mmmm!

Up at about 2a.m. because of big thunderstorm, but fell back asleep after. At least they aren’t expected to hit throughout the day like they did yesterday – 87 degrees and humid, ick. Despite Captain Kirk’s assessment, our state is critically dry, and these thunder and lightning events have been Bad News, as there’s a significant big fire eating houses on the back side of the north Cascades.

Fourth of July in my neighborhood is like a colorful, expensive battlefield :stuck_out_tongue: fireworks stands in this area sell mortars, and with nearby reservation stands chock full of even bigger goodies, we usually drag lawn chairs out to the driveway around 9 or so and just watch for hours. Here’s hoping nothing catches on fire this year :eek:

metal mouse, what is the current main exhibit at the Aquarium? SIL and I have been considering heading to Choochootown one of these Saturdays and the Aquarium is always at the top of the list.

I’m awake because it’s Monday, after a special weekend project left me slammed (I expected this), it’s month end, quarter end and mid-year. I’s busy.

I was woken up by a raging headache. Tried sleeping it off, but no go. Ended up throwing up, so I texted my boss and told her I wouldn’t be in. I felt kind of guilty because I was off most of last week, but I can’t control these headaches. Once they arrive, it’s like a huge wave washing over me and there’s nothing I can do to stop it.

No big 4th plans for us. One of my dogs completely freaks out and is terrified of the fireworks. So, we’ll be staying home and keeping her calm. If I can’t find the doggy tranqs, I’ll have to get some Benadryl for her.

We were invited to our old neighborhood for a big BBQ/4th extravaganza, but I really have no inclination to sit there and watch people shoot fireworks. One of the folks there bought nearly a 1000 bucks worth.:dubious: Some of the other neighbors have nearly as much. We did the fireworks and big BBQ thing when the kids were young enough to appreciate it, and we had fun. But now, it really doesn’t interest me. I wouldn’t mind having some folks over to BBQ, but I’m not going to stand there and shoot off fireworks. Besides, with the heat and drought we’re having, I really think it’s just a bad idea to be shooting off fireworks anyway. There have already been several brush fires in the last few days because of errant fireworks.

I’ll be staying home, making sure my yard, gardens and roof are soaked with water and hanging out. My daughter and son-in-law usually head up to Seattle to enjoy the show, so we won’t be seeing them, I’m sure.

Happy Moonday!

I finally got some sleep.
Something is wrong with the computer, I was trying to post earlier and aohell keeps coming up and kicking me out of whatever it is I am doing.

Its a nice sunny breezy cool day outside and supposed to stay cool the rest of the week.

Sah-son got the jungle out back mowed. Took forever but that is what happens when you go 2 weeks without mowing.
The truck in finally gone.

I have crap to take care of but I feel a nap coming on.

There shall be no Earth Shattering ka*booms at da cave except as provided by mother nature. A couple folks mentioned bringin’ fireworks and I put my paw down and squished that notion right then and there. I have no desire to set the 'hood on fire.

We’re in from the cee-mint pond due to thunder rumblin’s.

Earth shattering ka*booms would be pretty cool.
Just sayin’.