A Fun Game We Can All Play

OK, kids! Time for a fun new game we can all play! Somehow over Cinco de Mayo tequila last night, the “name all bodily fluids” game got started. But thanks to the after effects of the liquor, I don’t remember them all. Instantly, I thought of the SDMB. “They’ll know all the fluids the human body can generate!” I thought.

I’ll get us started:

1. Bile

Urine.

1. blood (which, of course, is composed of many, many separate fluids… Don’t know how specific you want to be.)

Do neurotransmitters count?

The very thought of participating in this game makes me wanna puke. Oh, I guess that’s more of a semi-solid.

Let’s get this thing over to MPSIMS (that’s pronounced “M. P. sims”); this is gonne get disgusting pretty quick.

Manual sig line #20

Oh, cum, now!!!

Come on Opus, where’s your spirit of adventure? This is a sure way to broaden your anatomical knowledge.

Here’s a couple more:

lacrimal fluid (tears)

ejaculate

sinovial fluid

cerebrospinal fluid

aqueous humour (found in eye between the lens and the cornea)

saliva

pericardial fluid (surrounds the heart)

lymph

Dvous Means, up over we spell it “synovial”.
I think I remember reading (in a book by Asimov?) that there are hundreds of bodily fluids. Good luck trying to list them all.

In your eye[ul]crystalline humor (fluidlike)
vitreous humor (semifluid)
liquor corneae[/ul]In your ear[ul]liquor contunii = perilymph
endolymph = liquor scarpae[/ul]
Fluids of the female reproductive system[ul]liquor folliculi
liquor chorii (in pregnancy)
amniotic fluid = liquor amnii (in pregnancy)[/ul]Digestive System[ul]liquor diastos
gastric juice
pancreatic juice
intestinal juice[/ul]Cardiovascular[ul]pericardial fluid[/ul]

Vitreous humor (also in the eye)

Pleural fluid (surrounding the lungs)

Gastric juices

Sweat

Mucous

Would hormones count? Would any body chemical count?

Yeah, I’m gonna leave it here for now, but I pretty much side with you here. If I end up getting sick reading this thread, I’m gonna blame all of you guys and make you clean it up. :wink:

Actually, the definitive book on this subject was written some years ago. “Re/Search Guide to Bodily Fluids” by Paul Spinrad will tell you everything you want to know about this subject, and a lot more. Fascinating and gross at the same time! From what I can remember the information about earwax and smegma was worth the price of the book alone.

I’d quote from the book here, but unfortunately, I lent my copy to a friend who soon after moved to Wisconsin. Suffice to say that if you find this book, and I don’t know if the worty tome is still in print, you should buy it immediately. Why books like this are so hard to find while those %#$@)^% Potter books are everywhere is beyond me.