A Google-Username Game!

269 hits. Mostly Me. Mostly LiveJournal and various other sites that I have set up profiles and such. There were some amazon.com purchases, this odd item, Atomicat’s WWII filmography (I have no idea why…), this book selection (not mine), A Japanese Classic Car Club Registration, more LJ and local boards stuff…

6,000ish hits. One on the first page (but not the first hit itself) is a link to my profile at the Quicken forums :eek: (though that has zero identifying info).

Apparently my kinsman, Frank, wrote a song called “My guitar wants to kill your mama” so there are boatloads of hits for that.

Weird. TimeWinder brings up 20+ pages of results. I didn’t see any of them that are me in the first three or four. For a word that doesn’t mean anything, I don’t know where the jillions of results came from (apparently there’s a magazine by that name, though).

Not surprising that they’re not me, though – I don’t use this name anywhere else.

cmkeller - 10 pages, about 75% of which deal with me. Many of the hits reference my helping on the SDSAB Staff Report about who wrote the Bible.

That was so cool. The first hit was an article in The St. Petersburg Times mentioning my wedding dress. It was from a post on the indiebride.com message board. I only posted there ten or eleven times so I was kind of surprised.

The rest of the hits are SDMB related or hits about little black dresses that have nothing to do with me and nowhere in them is my user name mentioned.

There were 124 results for missmossie and all but 17 of them were omitted by google. Out of those 17, 13 of them were related to me, two of them were for some other queer missmossie (I guess it’s a gay sort of name…), and two were for a posting on Dr. Phil’s message board.

2,270,000 and none are me.

sigh

I use the name “elmwood” on the SDMB and another board that isn’t spidered. It’s a very common street name in the US, so there will probably be hundreds and thousands of hits before there’s a reference to me.

None of the “Typo Knig” links are me, but this is the only place I use that handle. I don’t participate in other message boards, really. Once you’ve done the best, why bother with anything else? :cool:

I got a couple of hits on my email address, which is what I use for newsgroups. Guess I’m hiding in plain sight.

Right.

Tastes of Chocolate.

Interesting game.

One really odd thing was seeing one of my posts here on the SDMB used as a cite on another message board! Whoa.

http://www.iidb.org/vbb/printthread.php?t=85502&page=4&pp=25

Another weird one is a link to a cyrrilic font site, presumeably russian.

Others are posts I’ve made on other message boards with this username. No surprise there.

None of the displayed references was to me. Strange - I thought Google was indexing this board. (This is the only place I use this name; the other BJMooses out there are imposters.)

Auntbeast, I’m 2nd link on 2nd google page, I’m not the christian, or the canadian, or the crafty one. I am the one with big buffs, a thing for fish tanks, gardening, and Anarchy Online, coupon clipping.

Saintmaya, yeah, it’s pretty much all me. It goes back a frighteningly long time. I still feel the same about the horrid book “natural history of the senses.”

Egads, I seem like a schizo looking at those links. What a wide variety of things I post about.

Even when restricted the search to English results, I got a lot of foreign-language hits. Only one SDMB hit out of 271 total, and it came from the “Ever diagnose a character with a mental illness?” thread last August.

I can’t find it now, but a couple of weeks ago I did find that a blogger had quoted this entire post. I didn’t mind, but I wondered if it was a Doper.

The first and only result for “Regallag_the_Axe” wasthis.

For plain ol’ Regallag I was also number one (a ‘Draw a pig personality test’ from a thread here a while ago). In fact the only result that wasn’t explictly me seemed to be a random collection of letters that just happened to spell out Regallag.

I can’t say I’m suprised that I’m the only Regallag around.

484 hits and 8 of them are mine - on topics as diverse as my contributions to a couple of fan-made Beach Boys tribute CDs (I recorded versions of “Good Vibrations” and “Still Cruising”) to my rants against David Moyes on ToffeeWeb.

Nice to see there is a vast army of mambomen all over the world, tho.

mm

ArchitectChore: only 2 hits. Both of them apply to me and the SDMB