A guy I know has been charges with murder...

I have the most shocked, confused, undescribable feeling right now.

I’m at a total loss for words.

A friend of mine from school, who I haven’t talked to in a while, IMs me and says, “Have you heard about Ron Posner?”

I say, “No.”

She says, “He’s been arrested for murder. Alledgedly he killed his girlfriend.”

http://www.projo.com/cgi-bin/story.pl/eastbay/04884732.htm

Ron wasn’t really a friend of mine, but I knew the guy and he knew me. I never saw anything violent in him.

So weird.

I’m still shaking after reading that article. I feel nauseous.

:mad: :confused: :frowning:

friedo, how horrible! I can understand you being upset by this. The only thing I can compare it to for myself is when a co-worker that I worked with closely on a daily basis was busted as part of a drug-trafficing ring. I was shocked. You must be blown away. I’m so sorry.

Dear Goddess, friedo. How awful. I ready the story and I feel ill, I can’t imagine what its like for you. Consider yourself hugged.

Damn Friedo, sometimes things just hit way too close to home. I hope this doesn’t trouble you too much.

I can relate. An aquaintance of mine was a murder victim.
The police thought they knew who dumped her body, but because of it’s condition, a cause of death was never decided on. Thus, no murder charge, as they couldn’t prove she didn’t just die at their house and they dumped her.
DAYS later. Right.

I feel terrible for you, Friedo. It’s such a shock to learn that sort of news. I had a similar situation, and it was so hard to reconcile my memory of the person with the cold hard facts in the news. My heart goes out to you.

Well, bear in mind he’s been CHARGED with murder.

I don’t mean to hijack your thread but

A guy I know was in an auto accident two weekends ago. He is 17. His 15 year old girlfriend was killed in the accident. That night he had sex with her. It has his first I don’t know if it was her first. He doesn’t appear to be uposet about it , and wants to keep his boxers to remember it. From what I have heard from my friend who knows his friends he isn’t showing any remorse for the accident. I just had to get this off my chest. I don’t really feel bad because I didn’t know his girlfriend and I wasn’t that close to him, but I had to tell someone

I kinda know how you feel. After I graduated from high school I’d hear about people I knew getting killed. One girl I went to school with got into a horrible auto accident and can’t move from the waist down. A guy I wrestled with was shot in the head three times in what was ruled a drug related murder.

I didn’t know either one of them well but I have to admit it made me a little sad. In some way perhaps I thought about my own mortality and the fact that one day I to would be dead.

Such is life. It is good to talk about these things though.

Marc