A Highlander 2 and 3 question

Yeah yeah I know it never happened. Just get beyond that for a moment. Years ago I was traumatized by Highlander 2. I never saw Highlander 3. The other day both were on TMC and I started to watch 3 about a third of the way through. It seemed that 3 ignored the whole immortals are aliens plot ( :mad: it hurts to even think it). I did miss a third of the movie. Did it pretend that the 2 didn’t exist? Seems like a good idea to me.

Aliens huh? Never saw any of the sequels and you’ve just assured that I never will.

For the record I watched a season of the TV show, and I don’t remember any aliens.

Highlander 3 and Highlander the series wisely ignored Highlander 2 completely.

Highlander the series altered the end of Highlander 1 a bit to say that Connor did kill the Kurgan, and it was part of the gathering, but he was not the last one, and the gathering is still continuing.

Highlander 3 ignored Highlander the Series a bit in that Connor still thought he was the last until Kane and the Khans showed up.

Highlander: Endgame was a continuation of the series continuity and didn’t explicitly ignore Highlander 3, but Connor never exhibited the illusion powers that passed from Nakano to Kane in 3, and presumably to Connor.

Good so everyone agrees that 2 never happened, even those making the movies.

Malodorous you are safe to watch the whole TV series, there is no talk of aliens.

Oh and Malodorous, don’t get me started on the whole Ozone Shield plot.

Actually, I own a box that says: “Highlander 2: Renegade Edition.” The back of the box is full of blurbs and explanations as to why the renegade version was necessary- something about someone’s vision or somesuch.

I haven’t opened the box yet, since I know that there is nothing in it, as there was no second Highlander movie, renegade or otherwise.

Every Highlander movie that I have seen since the first one ignored the others and invalidated the plots from the others.

Yes, 3 pretended 2 never happened.

Could someone please give me the lowdown on Highlander and Highlander 2?

I will never watch either, I just really really REALLY want to know what makes the second one so bad.

From Imdb:

Link

That give you an idea how bad it is?

I can’t tell from your post if you saw the first one. I am a big fan of Highlander. The second one is good to see in the same way that a train wreck is interesting to watch.

Although there is a bit of magic: two immortals with enchanting voices, a crystal that grants immortality, a magic pool in a cave, and one demon. So be a bit wary. But thankfully no aliens.

I haven’t actually seen it, but s far as I know the “renegade” version of H2 edits all the <shudder> Planet Ziest <shudder> references into “The Distant Past.” So if you prefer time travel to aliens, that’s your movie.

soapbox, Highlander 1 is a great action/adventure fantasy about mystical beings living among us that for some reason are gifted with immortality. They can only die if beheaded, and when one kills another, they absorb their power in an unnatrual lightning storm called the Quickening. They know that one day there will be a Gathering when they are all drawn to a certain place to battle to the last for the Prize. What sets it above its contemporaries is playful direction, and some emotional impact regarding the perils of living forever when your loved ones don’t, and some kick-ass swordfights.

Highlander 2 reveals they are aliens. 'nuff said. OK, not 'nuff, there’s also the plot about an evil corporation that replaced the damaged ozone layer with an energy shield, and there’s a great character nonsensically coming back from the dead, and there’s the offscreen killing of the first movie’s love interest, and the bizarre decision to set it in the future when the charm of the original was that it was set in the present with flashbacks to the past.