A Long Time Ago

The Phantom Menace is now older than Star Wars was when The Phantom Menace came out.

One that floored me was hearing, a few months ago, that the time between now and the fall of the Berlin Wall is longer than the actual lifespan of the wall.

Cleopatra lived closer in time to now than she did to the building of the Great Pyramids.

Vote Quimby!

The original Flash Gordon serials (1936) are closer in time to Episode IV (1977) than Episode IX (2019).

Whoops…I forgot this is Cafe Society so…

Elizabeth Taylor, who played Cleopatra (who lived closer in time to now than she did to the building of the Great Pyramids) in the film Cleopatra, also lived closer in time to us than she did to when the Great Pyramids were built.

In the original Star Trek episode The Space Seed, which was first shown in 1967, Khan Noonien Singh (played by Ricardo Montalban) was the leader of a group of genetically-engineered “supermen,” who briefly ruled a large portion of Earth. After Khan and his people lost the Eugenics Wars, they fled into space in a “sleeper ship,” only to be discovered and revived by the crew of the Enterprise in 2267.

Khan and his people fled from Earth in 1996, which is now 35 years ago.

oh - this isn’t about Micheal McDonald?

D’oh. 25 years ago. Math is hard on Saturdays.

And the Robinson family took the Jupiter 2 on a mission to Alpha Centauri in 1997. Questions abound

Were the Robinsons also products of genetic engineering?
Were the Robinsons allied with Khan?
Or, were the Robinsons sent after Khan?
Was Dr. Smith a failed genetics experiment who, rather than turn out to be a superhuman, became a ninny?
Was the Eugenics empire the mysterious foreign power Dr. Smith was working for?
Could Dr. Smith (or his employer) also have sabotaged the Botany Bay, causing Khan and his army to drift aimlessly in space? If so, was Smith actually a part of some sort of anti-space terrorist group?

This is the most harebrained ranting I have ever read and I’m going to memorize every single letter so’s I can repeat it to my nerdy friends next time I see them; I love it! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And just what is the significance of Aeolus 14 Umbra?

All those scenes with a T Rex fighting a Stegosaur? The T Rex was closer in time to us than to the Stegosaur.

Here’s one that made me want to crumble into dust: Wil Wheaton is now older than Patrick Stewart was when Star Trek TNG premiered.