A Middle Ages Question PLEASE HELP

what country besides England didnt have a written constitution

1. This really belongs in GQ.

2. In Medieval Europe, most countries had no written constitution. I can’t think of one that did. (Maybe the Holy Roman Empire at some periods.) The kingdom was what it was.

1. No it doesn’t. It belongs at the end of the chapter, where it was probably found.

2. Would be my guess, too.

It’s a trick question. There were two countries in the middle ages, besides England, that didn’t have a written constitution: Guilder and Florin. Florin eventually got one, largely to settle disputes over screaming eel fishing rights, but that wasn’t until the late Renaissance period.

Sorry it isnt the Holy Roman Empire i sent the teacher that answer he said no it has to be something else

Srry im also talking to ppl that live in england and i dont need to know about coins i need to know about countries

Well, Guilder did have the “Charter of Freedoms”, that was forced on King Ruprecht after the Battle of Schmutzen. Of course, he repudated that as soon as possible, so that might not count.

Wikipedia isn’t exactly clear on the matter, but it seems like the Magna Carta was the closest thing anybody had to a Constitution in the Middle Ages.

We help with homework now?

Guys, we aren’t supposed to help with homework. The question is stupid: in the Middle Ages no one had a written constitution, in the sense that we in the United States think of.

I based my answer on my feeling that there was at least a reasonable doubt that this was homework. I’m not totally sure that it is, though I’m leaning that way, but it’s not at all improbable that this guy was talking to his teacher outside of class.

To the extent that this post belongs on the Straight Dope, it belongs in General Questions, not in Great Debates.

I’ll be sending it there shortly.

Dragon_Knight, we have a long tradition of not answering straight up homework questions. What we will do, instead, is point out how you can find the answer to your question on your own.

If you go to Google™ and enter a set of different strings such as “constitution first” or “constitutions origins” or “constitutions history” you will get a number of web sites in response that will let you look for the answer you need.

(And just for the record, Guilder and Florin, in addition to being coins, are also countries as described in S Morgenstern’s Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure and redacted by William Goldman as the basis for the movie The Princess Bride.)

It was a cruel joke. They should have said the Duchy of Grand Fenwick and Freedonia.

AFAIK, the US Const was the first fully written out Constitution.

Ahh, Freedonia!
Did I ever tell you I was related to Firefly? Relatively of course…

Fully “written-out” constitutions go back to the third millennium BCE.

What, no love for the Articles of Confederation?
:frowning:
CMC fnord!

What country is beside England?

Scotland and Wales.

Ah, maybe it is a trick question

What country adjacent to England did not have a written constitution.