A Movie about a Dad buying his daugher's first bra

I’m trying to impress my new boyfriend who has a little girl. He remembers a movie about a single Dad and his relationship with his daughter. In the movie the Dad has to buy his daughter her first bra and as there is no mother around. He wants the plain, no nonsense bra but his daughter wants the one with a bow on it. Any idea as to the title of this movie.

The only one I can think of is The Slums of Beverly Hills.

You probably meant to post this in Cafe Society.

Hope either of these statements helps.

I’m 90% sure it was a Who’s the Boss? episode.

Please don’t tell anyone I knew that…

God help me, I looked it up. Episode 3, season 1.

Now ask me what I had for breakfast…couldn’t tell ya. Ask me about a crappy show that I haven’t seen in 10 years - no problem.

Isn’t this the opening of Riding in Cars with Boys?

Daggone it, Colibri , I just came in here to say that. I will give my recommendation that everyone watch the flick anyway - I was quite pleasantly surprised.

Perhaps My Girl? You don’t mention how old the movie is.

I believe this is also some comics stand-up routine.

Derfel, if it’s any consolation I came in here to give that exact same answer (not the exact episode, of course, but I remember watching the episode).

There’s a funny bra scene in “The Trouble With Angels” with Haley Mills. Just thought I’d throw that in.

peepthis: it’s very comforting to know I’m not alone :rolleyes:

I’ll move this over to Cafe Society, shall I?

Ha! As soon as I read the title of the thread, I thought of the Who’s the Boss? episode. Oh, God… what did I just say?

Audiobottle

Derfel, I also remember that episode, but contrary to you, I saw the Spanish translation of that episode about 3 years ago…still…