A new childish pastime with trailers for The Last Airbender...

Just in case I was on the verge of earning anybody’s respect…

Take a trailer for The Last Airbender, like this one. Make fart noises just before the special effects. Extra points for variations in timbre, duration or pitch that go along with the visual image that follows.

This could be bigger than ‘Guitar Hero’…

Ah, so what you’re saying is he’s an Airbender like my husband. :smiley:

The thing that makes this especially relevant in our household is that my MIL -

a) is prudish even by early 20th century standards, and cannot bring herself to say the word ‘fart’ - she calls it a ‘pop’ and would like to pretend there is no such thing… It’s worse with ‘pee’ - ‘piddle-diddle’ is what she says to the grandkids.

b) has a bullshit detector which has been installed the wrong way around. If there is scientific evidence or historical documentation for something, she doesn’t believe it. If it’s some hare-brained half-assed New Age crap, she’ll defend it to the death.

c) teaches Tai Chi, and has the most nonsensical notion of the history of the martial arts ever conceived. It has become unbearable to watch any martial arts film or trailer with her, as everything onscreen will be remarked upon as being Tai Chi, no matter what it is. “See that? That’s just like what I teach. Everything Jackie Chan does is Tai Chi.”

Because of all that, it is unbearably funny to picture Grandma’s reaction to a good rip every time someone bends forward and a CGI cloud wave goes out from their hands…