A Perfectly Reasonable Amount of Schadenfreude about Things Happening to Trump & His Enablers (Part 1)

Pretty sure I remember the scandalous news that Giuliani was actually getting paid some big bucks by bigwigs in Ukraine or somewhere like that. (Anybody else remember that story? Can someone find a cite?)

Oh, wait. I just found this. Maybe this was it:

This explains why Giuliani was working for Trump for free. In fact, he wasn’t really working for Trump at all. He was working for Ukraine, getting paid by them via Lev Parnas or some such. They expected Giuliani to deliver influence with Trump.

Ukraine was his paying client. Influence with Trump was the product he was selling.

I suppose this makes him look more corrupt but less stupid. :man_shrugging:

A little of Column A, a little of Column B…

In other Rudy news:

No surprises here:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/how-come-i-always-get-the-worst-lawyers-trump-seethed-that-he-had-the-stupidest-attorneys-in-his-second-impeachment-trial-book-says/ar-AALVQos?li=BBnb7Kz

Hint: The good ones expect to paid.

I’m impressed that he even recognizes a bad lawyer. I figured that he wouldn’t even recognize spelling errors or other mistakes, and would just assume that any loss he ever has in court was due entirely to political reasons.

But yeah, he needs to ask himself why competent lawyers refuse to have anything to do with him. Hint: It’s the same reason why some people can’t get loans from reputable places, or can’t get quality insurance.

He doesn’t. But he keeps losing, so they must be bad lawyers. It can’t possibly be that he didn’t have a case to start with.

That they also happen to be bad lawyers is not relevant to his evaluation.

Okay that is fair. :slight_smile:

There has been some hope that there won’t be an immediate motion to dismiss so that the ex-president ends up in deposition. I can dream.

Keep in mind that his definition of a good lawyer is Roy Cohn. Who not only got paid, he charged double for being reprehensible.

For anyone who may not be aware, Roy Cohn was the humanoid vermin who represented Joe McCarthy at the infamous Army-McCarthy hearings. It’s no surprise that he later represented Trump when the latter was accused of racist violations of the Fair Housing Act, and their long relationship is reputed to have taught Trump many of the dirty tricks that he later became adept at. The trail of utter corruption runs long and deep.

He was also the inspiration for the nasal blue-haired lawyer that kept popping up in episodes of The Simpsons to slap people with lawsuits.

Writers Al Jean and Mike Reiss have both stated on the DVD commentaries that the voice is based on McCarthy-era lawyer Roy Cohn

The good ones also don’t like taking on cases that will entangle them in blatant lies and unethical behavior, and that they don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of winning.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he complained about “misspelled” words that were in fact spelled correctly, but not in his limited reading vocabulary.

Roy Cohn, who famously (notoriously?) said, “A good lawyer knows the law; a great lawyer knows the judge,” is the subject of this very interesting recent documentary. His ties to Trump are briefly touched upon: Bully. Coward. Victim: The Story of Roy Cohn | Official Trailer | HBO - YouTube

Some people think the press was too hard on Trump. I think they went way too easy on him, especially with regards to his filthy mobbed-up past.

I bet most people don’t even know that Fox toady Jeannine Pirro’s felonious mobster ex-husband was one of his close friends and business fixers (Trump announced his pardon from the plane as he left the White House for the last time).

Jeannine used to be a real politician, but suspicious leaks of critical information on mob cases during her tenure as Westchester County DA killed that career.

The press was way too easy on him.

I’m going to get my pointing and laughing started now. Trump set to return to Phoenix for rally as review of Arizona ballots continues.

He’s left supporters to freeze for hours, I’m sure he hasn’t given one thought to the heat wave and won’t think about the part where if you leave people standing in a Phoenix parking lot in the summer with no water, they will start dying very quickly.

You would hope AZ folks would know that, but then these are Trump supporters (and he’ll probably get people from more temperate climates to come down who don’t understand what real heat is).

Golden opportunity for him to sell $15.00 bottles of Trump Water to his fans.

Well, somebody will be selling them, I’m betting he won’t see a dime from it. He’s not that smart. Crafty entrepreneurs/shameless grifters, preying on the gullible and stupid.