A poster's join date doesn't invalidate/validate their position

Typical 2002 join date arrogance!

oh wait.

Typical Sept 2002 Join Date arrogance.

You old fogeys keep it down and off to the retirement home with the lot of you.

Talk about fogeys…

Are you afraid the Irish are going to piss on it on their way home from the parade?

I believe the number is considerably lower than 50%. You are ignoring the crazy and the just plain stupid. Lots of threads by them, and they aren’t trying to get anybody’s goat. Except maybe Obama’s.

Thanks, Doc. Your check is in the mail. :smiley:

Interesting; Buck Godot provides you with the link and you don’t even bother to apologize.

I don’t think any of us has any responsibility to jump at your beck and call just cause you want to find a way to insult us. If you want to call me a liar, do so and see what that gets you, but doing it the way you did just makes you worse.

You’re expecting an apology in the Pit? :dubious:

You are new here, aren’t you?

I’m learning. A gentleman goes to church even in an atheist country because that’s what a gentleman does.

And from Czarcasm, no less.

Get offa my lawn, ya juvenile delinquent!

Apologize for what? Asking you for a link to back up your claim? Get used to it, chum.

At this point in your SDMB career, you’re coming across as arrogant, antagonistic, and disinterested in adjusting to the board culture. It doesn’t matter to me; I don’t care if you flame out in a week or are still here in 2026.

How I come across to you perhaps; I have a similar reaction to what you post although I am perhaps of a more civil generation.

I’m not new to participating on boards and now participate in several, and I know they each have a personality, and I have found a couple of the participants on this board to be of questionable parentage. However, I tend to hang around awhile before abandoning a board if the whole personality and monitoring are unfair to give it a chance.

One thing I won’t do is allow the local bullies to drive me away. There are some people who seem to thrive on trying to make people feel small, and one should not let them succeed. You should keep in mind though that there are fragile personalities about and you never quite know what the consequences of being rude and insulting might be. Of course you would never know it if you contributed to such a tragedy, and it is certainly the case that one can be judged by how one behaves when one is anonymously much more accurately than when one is not.

Hey, Frank, have you met Starving Artist yet? I’m sure the two of you are going to get along swimmingly.

There’s that wonderful old-timer civility for you.

What a fuckwit.

That’s no way to talk about the mods…

I’m reasonably sure you’re going to find out - I mean, it’s only been a week and you’ve already caught the moddish eye.

But by all means, keep on the same track.

I don’t know that its your job to tell the mods what to do.

Then those fragile snowflakes have no business being in the Pit. That’s the one place where Dopers are allowed to cut loose and be rude and insulting to one’s content, albeit there are still some guidelines. If your fragile psyche is bruised from venturing into here, then fuck the consequences.

You can show me where I did that, right? As opposed to using my incredible psychic powers to predict what they will likely do.

We really should have a quota for “Cranky old men who shit all over the civility they decries others for lacking”

What the management allows or doesn’t allow is their business. We also have personal responsibilities to keep in mind.

What the reaction did to me is get my ire up.

Precisely.

And mine are to remind the world you are an ignorant, rude fuckwit.

Good day, sir.

As a newcomer, I find it ironic that a message board touting itself as full of smart people and with a stated purpose of fighting ignorance has so many people always mentioning join date, I have always thought that that type of thinking paves the way for ignorance. Anyhow, I still like to use this board as a repository for my unfiltered thoughts and emotions, if I wanted to sit around and lurk for a long time to figure out what was acceptable and the “culture” it wouldn’t even be worth it. I get enough of that in daily life, and if I wanted more of it I would seek a corporate job where spending the time to figure out the norms of a new culture can have significant financial rewards as opposed to a chat room where the only reward would be that a few random people who I most likely will never meet in person feel that I act appropriately enough within their standards to be considered a worthy person with worthy reasoning of my correct thoughts.

Also, I’m finding I like it when people write things that are wrong or not that well thought out or unpopular, it makes the board interesting to me. Finally, I did read all the rules posted by the moderators and I follow them, and there are an appropriate amount of rules in my opinion - and I don’t think that adding some sort of hierarchy of importance of posters makes the board more interesting or worthwhile. But then again, I’m new here.