A question regarding the mod note in the Biden investigation thread

Right. I wanna see what they think they may have on Joe. Hunters laptop and jobs are old and dead issues, hashed and rehashed. Of course, he may be accused of Tax fraud, which would call for a new thread.

I am pretty sure that was a joke?

Well, they got nuttin. But really, how sure are we there will be such an investigation? The GOP is looking at a divided party and a razor thin majority, not to mention a Dem Senate.

I’m 100% sure. They announced it quite clearly, if they go back on that then they’re going to really lose their base.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/17/politics/house-republicans-white-house-hunter-biden

“In the 118th Congress, this committee will evaluate the status of Joe Biden’s relationship with his family’s foreign partners and whether he is a President who is compromised or swayed by foreign dollars and influence,” said Rep. James Comer of Kentucky, the top Republican on the House Oversight Committee. “I want to be clear: This is an investigation of Joe Biden, and that’s where the committee will focus in this next Congress.”

There are even some specifics on where that investigation is going.

Comer is specifically zeroing in on more than 100 bank activity reports – known as Suspicious Activity Reports – that are allegedly related to the Biden family and says that the Treasury Department has ignored his repeated requests when Republicans were in the minority to hand over them over.

It sounds to me like they’re already in the early stages of it. A thread seems warranted to me.

That is Comer and cronies. Not House leadership.

That is House leadership. They’re going to be calling the shots on the Oversight and Judiciary Committees. It’s in the article.

Incorrect. House Leadership is the Speaker, Majority Leader, and the Whip. Not the Chairmen of the Oversight or Judiciary Committees.

Leadership | house.gov

This argument is like the Chief of Police in a city declaring that the cops are going after a serial killer, but you don’t believe it until the governor says it. Comer is literally the person who will be heading the investigation. He is leadership in the context of this investigation.

Moderator Note

We seem to have taken a left turn completely out of ATMB territory.

Please keep all posts relevant to the rules and moderation of the SDMB. If you want to discuss the actual issues about Biden etc. please do so in the original thread linked to in the OP.

There is something very meta about a thread about a hijacked thread getting hijacked with posts that should be in the original thread. Maybe its hijacks all the way down. :hushed:

Sorry, I thought that because we were discussing whether the thread should be locked, it was relevant to discuss whether the thread was premature, which meant that whether or not actual investigations were happening was relevant.

But that does indeed verge into a political discussion and strays from discussion about managing the board.

I’m the guy who reported this to the mods (yeah I’m a dirty rat fink snitch). It really wasn’t actually that I was worried about damage to this thread, my primary concern was that I wanted to make sure that this really good discussion points that were being made here it into the original thread where they would reach a more appropriate audience, rather than getting lost in here.