A question to those who think Oswald killed Kennedy.

Apparently some people don’t take the Internet entirely seriously. Who’d a thunk it?

Because having been caught, he didn’t want the blame for the action. The other possibility is that he just left the gun there for the co-conspirators to use. If one looks at political assassinations throughout history, they are committed by whackos who have no real intention of not announcing themselves (Booth, Brutus, etc.) and then the ambush in a car style, like Diem and Kennedy. Lone sniper from cover for no coherent reason? Not often.

There is a new show on TV (Breakout?) about inmates who make escapes from ‘escape-proof’ prisons. I watched a fascinating episode about a guy who orchestrated a spectacular breakout. He memorized a guards key ring, used a styrofoam piece from a cup to ‘bump’ into the guard to make an impression, hand carved a key to a storeroom then he and his 6 buddies tunneled out through the concrete floor under the prison then up into another building outside of the prison walls, stole some construction uniforms and got away.

So what their big plan after they got out? They didn’t have one. They robbed a store, shot a cop, rented a hotel room and bought hookers and drugs and had a party. One guy, high on meth, walked to the bus station and bought a ticket to go see relatives. Arrested on the spot. The others were captured not long after. No, criminals are big on thinking things through.

My most memorable experience was chasing down a guy who tried purse-snatching in a big parking lot during rush hour. First off he picked a big lady who did not give up her purse easily. She chased after him. I chased after him. The store security guard chased after him. Several bystanders, including one guy on a bike, joined in the chase. He ran across six lanes of traffic and managed to not get hit. In full sight of me (I was on my cell phone with the cops giving his every location and describing him) he ditched his jacket (so I got an even better look at him).

The kicker to all this is that in his jacket pocket he’d left a letter from his parole officer reminding him of a counseling appointment. We were able to give the local PD his name and address before we even heard sirens :smiley:

He already had two strikes. Pled out on this one, I imagine they threw every non-violent crime in the book at him including littering, jaywalking and probably mopery & dopery for good measure.

I remember reading somewhere that most criminals can reason from A to B, but not A to C. They really don’t ask themselves, “And then what happens?”

Profit!

Well, we all know the autopsy was faked so it would look like the bullets came from behind and above. And the decision to have the autopsy conducted at Bethesda was made by Jackie*. Clearly she was the mastermind behind the conspiracy. (Any possibility we can prove that when she climbed out onto the rear of the presidential limo that she was planting and/or retrieving evidence?)

Throw all this in with Tully Mars’ theory that Oswald was the third man in a love triangle with Jack** & Jackie and I think we’ve got Oliver Stone’s next film.
*Actual true fact
**I suppose if you throw in all of Jack’s mistresses, it’s more of a love dodecahedron or something

He offered no alternative explanation. He simply denied that he did it. You know, like Oswald.

I was going to point that out, but you beat me to it. That’s part of what makes this theory so enoyable. Jackie impressed me as the kind of lady who would look the other way to maintain decorum – up to a point. Then, when she reached that point, she would take decisive action. Do you think it’s possible that she whispered in his ear, “You shouldn’t have stuck your dick in that peroxide blonde bitch, you bastard!”, right before that bullet passed through his head.

Come on, we all know The Comedian was in on it.

Didn’t she popularize the “pillbox” hat? What an ideal place to hide a weapon! The Japanese used them to deploy weapons throughout WWII, and they were so secure you needed a flamethrower to clean them out. I don’t recall from the Warren Report that anyone used a flamethrower on Jackie. Ipso facto. Congito ergo sum.

Why Jackie wasn’t bathed in flaming napalm, just as a precaution, will remain an eternal mystery to me.

Well, they used Greek fire.

This is actually what the Warren Commision originally drew as a conclusion. He also fragged Jerry Mathers while he was in Viet nam and killed Mikey with a combination of Pop Rocks and Coca Cola.

I saw it somewhere on the intertubes.

No doubt Ari burned, but it’s hardly comparable.

Kennedy was killed by the second spitter.

One James E. Files has admitted on videotape to having been the gunman on the grassy knoll. He also named the other perp who was in the Texas School Book Suppository, although I forget his name. I’m pretty sure that first and last names in vowels, though. He made a very compelling case that he was interested in publicity.
It’s available on VHS. Check out the doc “Confession of an Assassion” if you want to waste two hours of your life that you’ll never get back

Another possibility: Kennedy actually killed Oswald. The two had their faces switched, like in the movie “Face Off” with Nicholas Cage and John Travolta. Originally, the plan was straight out of “The Prince and The Pauper”: Kennedy wants to get some R&R as a regular Joe, so he hires Oswald to stand in for him. But Oswald falls in love with Jackie who, like Jodi Foster in “Sommersby”, realizes her husband is a duplicate only from the sudden depth of her feelings for him. Kennedy knew he had to act to take out the imposter or he’d lose her forever.

Think about it: who else could have know Secret Service security procedures well enough to get such a clear shot at the president?

Kennedy was still killed, of course. By Jackie, who beat him at his own game and switched faces with Jack Ruby long enough to gun him down for killing her true love. Unlike Kennedy, though, she was smart enough to switch back just in time for Ruby to take the heat while she got off scot free.

It’s all pretty simple, when you think about it.

Ouch!!!

Have you read anything about Oswald? Perhaps I’ve not read the correct books. So maybe I’m wrong, but so far everythign I’ve read about him says Oswald was not bright, he was big doofus, he was incompetent and not much of a husband, a worker or achiever of anything.

Even the Communists didn’t want him and considered him to be a joke.

To oversimplify, basically Oswald was in the right place for the assasination opportunity. It’s likely, though not provable, that Oswald saw a chance to kill the president and took it.

Much the same way John Hinkley thought killing Mr Reagan would somehow impress Jodie Foster. Now as rational people why would ANYONE think killing a president would impress someone? Hinkley thought, well if I kill the president, then Miss Foster will know for certain I am very serious about my love for her.

Does that make sense to you? Or anyone? Of course not because it’s isn’t sensible, but it does show you how some people think. You can’t make sense out of something that isn’t sensible to start with.

Oswald’s thinking was probably along that lines. Like, “Well I’ve been a loser all my life, here comes the president, well maybe if I kill him, people will be impressed with me.”

As Noeline Burke from the great Australian Soap Opera Prisoner (Prisoner: Cell Block H) said:

Judy) You know Noeline, if you tried a bit you might find people will like you
Noeline) I don’t want them to like me. I don’t care if they like me, so long as they know I’m alive

:smiley:

He was quoted as saying that he was a “Marxist” in 1963.