A Quiet Place (SEEN IT Thread)

They would have been living in tents and away from their main food sources, so I get it. Constructing a home there would have made a lot of noise in the area that may not have been covered up by the waterfall.
But this again plays to my issue of the timeline–why was this waterfall place a secret? It seems that it should have been a known to everyone “safe space.” Was this really the first time the dad took the son out on a “hunt?”

The exposition board said there were three in the area. They killed one and the other two came running. I took it as them preparing to kill the two and then go about their lives as best they could for as long as they could.

You’ll notice they only saw two of the creatures on the videos. On one of the whiteboards they had written down “3 confirmed in this area” so those were probably the last two in the area attacking.

I interpreted the end to be “We have a way to hurt them. Let’s do this!”

FWIW I am not spoilering anything because the title of this thread is “Seen it”.

Something else: the movie was a huge hit so I will already be disappointed in advance by the inevitable sequel that spells out everything this movie kept vague and mysterious.

I didn’t know Krasinski and Blunt are married until the other day. Married up, indeed! (from 2:30 on)

I loved the movie but one detail drove me crazy: OK, so she inadvertently pulled the nail up and stepped on it…but then she never fixes it or points out the danger to her family! At least cover it with something.

I think that was pretty low priority for her… you know with the giving birth and monsters.
I thought they did a good job of showing that it was pretty obvious on the steps with her bloody footprint though.

But that did make me wonder why they didn’t have rugs or carpeting on their main paths inside–especially some sort of padding on the stairs…by extension why they didn’t have some sort of foot wear like moccasins

…And where were all the rotting corpses? People, dogs cows, etc?

Saw it.

Yeah, pretty good and very effective use of its “silence” hook. I was definitely entertained, though I did not find it to be too scary. Actually, the death of the child in the opening was probably the moment that got me the most.

I’d recommend it to pretty much anyone, though. Very entertaining.

Still left wondering where they’re power supply is coming from. Generators are damn noisy things and I didn’t hear any of those going.
Who’s running the power plants? Seemed there weren’t that many survivors out there since his ham radio list was getting shorter every day.

I could be wrong about this, but I thought I saw quite a bit more than two creatures in the videos coming for them at the end (unless the same two creatures were shown on different screens).

The creatures consumed them, I assume. :frowning:

An alien that has the ability to digest both fresh and rotting Earthly mammalian flesh? And even if that was remotely feasible, a big city would have millions of human beings, dogs and cats. No way would a handful of aliens keep up with that. No, there’d be piles of rotting corpses in that city and piles of rotting animal corpses in the country.

…We never saw a city.

Wasn’t the opening scene (in the grocery store) in the city?

A small town. Reasonably easy to believe that the population wasn’t all killed on that one block we saw.

Fuck, was that good. Yeah, it bugged me that they can wire up a string of lights, but not sound lures; but I’ve suspended disbelief for a lot worse. Solid work from the cast all around, but Emily Blunt ruled.

The creatures dont eat their kills.

There were 3 monsters in the area. They killed 1 and the other 2 came running. They were going to kill the other 2 the same way.

On what basis do you make this assertion? :dubious:

The creatures attack people and animals with lightning speed, appearing to violently dismember them in an instant. They each have a mouthful of razor-sharp teeth. There are no corpses around; indeed, after virtually every attack the victim has vanished. It seems a pretty safe bet that the creatures are predatory in nature, and have been snacking on anything that makes a sound.

Its on John K’s board.

https://fsmedia.imgix.net/e9/ea/22/aa/706c/4aa7/a4bc/4ba97a1f83a9/where-do-these-monsters-come-from.png?auto=format%2Ccompress&w=700

It says “Why dont they eat their kills”

I also just saw on one of the newspaper clips in a still image it talks about “magnetic pulses wipe out wall street”

If EMPs are involved…that’s just gonna make societies crash all that sooner.