A really good laugh on a screw up at MSNBC

MSNBC sent this to thousands of subscribers before realizing they’d been had and yanked the story off their Web site. (Of course the URL doesn’t work now.)

Today’s Headlines from MSNBC.com

[snipped advertisement and other news stories]

News

WashPost: Irish small-aircraft disaster
Ireland’s worst air disaster occurred early this morning when a small
two-seater Cessna plane crashed into a cemetery. Irish search and rescue
workers have recovered 826 bodies so far and expect that number to climb as
digging continues into the night. http://www.msnbc.com/modules/exports/ch_infobest.asp?/news/4O2744.asp

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hey that’s not funny, all those people dead and all, what’s wrong with you!?! :wink:

LOL

How many Irishmen does it take to fly a Cessna?

1. Two to sit in the plane, and 824 to drink so much the world spins under it.

GET OUT!
Did they really send that around? Hello??? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Zette

yep…I received it this morning

Someone is probably getting chewed out for it too hehehe

Poor person…got to pay attention to the detail

[slight digression on related subject]

I saw something similar in Sunday’s Observer (UK newspaper).

Leading scorers to date in the Scottish Premier League:

Scottish bloke
Scottish bloke
Scottish bloke
Scottish bloke
Scottish bloke
Scottish bloke
Scottish bloke

[/slight digression on related subject]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA :smiley:

So tell me, did the article say where they were going to bury the survivors? :wink:

The passengers must have been a large group of leprechauns and faries learning to fly a plane for the first time.

Speaking of NBC, the local affiliate mentioned something (I don’t remember what) that happened at Englands “M-16” intelligence branch. Have they not watch enough spy films to know it’s “MI-6”?

I wouldn’t say the Irish drink a lot, but an Irish friend of mine died and his body was cremated. Took 'em three days to put out the fire.

Well, I had just visited MSNBC before I saw this thread, so I thought it was about something completely different.

In the weather section of their headlines, the headline said something about “La Ni±a”. Took me awhile to figure out that they were refering to La Niña, not some strange weather pattern called Ni-plus-or-minus-a. But then, I’m not too bright. :slight_smile: