A request of the Almighty, regarding the 3" of snow I found this morning. . .

While we’re clarifying terms, what’s a “tuuk”?

(I’m serious.)

I think “tuuk” might be the North Dakotan/South Saskatchewanian name for a stocking cap/knit cap. There seems to be a hazy memory of SCTV in there somewhere.

I was (I hope people realize) sort of kidding about the cim. I think a_i_w meant cm, but got her conversion wrong. 36" would be around 90ish cm, not 40.

More likely it was 40 cm (assuming she thinks in metric), which would be 15.75" Not quite so impressive, but still bad.

Nahhh toque is the name of the hat…blame Tripler’s growing up in Jersey for that mangling…and we only have about four inches of snow here…with another couple of more to come…and it is worse south of us so I dunno if Tripler is having another conference with the council of deities…

Keith

Dear heaven above, 90 sounds GREAT! It’s been 96 or 97 here every day…I think a week in Ocala sounds terrific. Lakeland has had record heat more times in the last week than I care to think of.

Odie, thanks for the hint. I kept on spelling it like it appeared on my hockey skate: ‘tuuk’. But yes, it’s what we call the whole line of fashion involved with big furry/poofy hats.

However, I digress. . .

Dear Gods of the Sky, specifically the Precipitation God:

Some companies called a snow day today, with the 4" of slushy, wet snow that you delivered to us overnight. Mine, however, did not. I’m pissed off. To add insult to injury, it is supposed to drop below freezing overnight, turning a lot of slush into dangerous ice. Your little joke is getting hazardously out of hand.

I give up. I will sacrifice my wandering ways for a week, if you just put a stop to this.

Sincerely,
Tripler
Tripler
Heheh, he doesn’t know I’ll be on the road for a week. Hee hee! :smiley:

Tripler baby,

up here in Winnipeg I know EXACTLY what you’re talking about, and we too feel hugely ripped off.

According to the Farmer’s Almanac July and August are supposed to be very hot, at least that’s something!

Winnipeg? Cripes, I was at the Fort Garry Hotel a few weeks ago talking about the warm weather. Where the heck were you?

I just want this winter to be over with. Period. I love hockey, but hell, even I need a break . . .

Tripler
“Grapes” is a great bar. So is the “Tiajuana Yacht Club”. :smiley:

<Rossarian humbly thanks the great Personnel God in the Sky for not sending him to Minot>
But then I asked to go to Elmendorf and got it, so I suppose I’ll be seeing my fair share of snow as well…