A serious question for Sam Stone on Factual Errors

Owning your mistakes is commendable. “Replying to yourself before seeing anyone else’s posts”, 4 days and 77 replies later, is pure vanity. The cat was out of the bag. It’s disrespectful to the people who responded to you.

Maybe we should all take the precaution of not reading any Sam_Stone post until 4 days have passed, so as not to waste our time writing a response that won’t be read.

~Max

(please pardon my snip)

There ya go, I fixed it for you.

Why are you being so harsh on poor old Sam? He’s just treating people responding to him the same way he treats his own cites, i.e., not reading them first.

I think this example of pure, shining cowardice (in the face of having to back up his factual errors lies about reading the IPCC reports, and being called on the extreme obviousness of his attempt to link climate science and bad science) needs to be highlighted here in Sam’s dedicated thread, not just in the Climate Change one:

To be fair to Sam, not that he deserves it, but I didn’t exactly ask nicely. I’m just so tired of his bullshit. He doesn’t read his own cites, he makes numerous “errors” (I’m inclined to think they are more lies than errors), contradicts himself in the same thread (sometimes between two consecutive posts), whines about how he gets mistreated without ever acknowledging that his lack of credibility is of his own making, etc. I blocked him and in my own stupidity started answering him again. For my own sanity, I should stop replying to him. It is absolutely 100% pointless.

His coy “I didn’t say climate science retractions were getting higher” bullshit didn’t deserve nice. Hell, in any other forum, it deserved a warning.

*checks scorecard *

Hm! I don’t have “public flounce” on here. Normally he quietly leaves and then comes back later as if nobody had ever discredited him.

Oh, he’ll still do that. Probably to tell us again all about the Russia hoax and how he was right about Hunter’s laptop.

I don’t doubt it.

Sam Stone deliberately misgendered Assistant Secretary for Health Rachel Levine, calling her a “trans man.” That was an obnoxious slap in the face to all trans people and he deserves to be called out for it.

Did you report the post so the mods notice it?

I hadn’t earlier, but I’ve reported it now.

At the time, my rebuke to Sam called him out for transphobia and also for his ahistorical claims.

Thanks. Our best defense is consistently reporting posts that break the rules.

Do you have a link to that post?

That just looks like a mistake to me. Those gender issues can be confusing to people who aren’t very involved and don’t know any out trans folks.

Does that still look like a mistake?

In general, people get a lot of benefit of the doubt around here

Sam burned through all his benefit years ago

And don’t forget it is because we’re mean and a bunch of poopyheads, and has nothing to do with his legacy of bad posting behavior.

Ouch. OK, I withdraw my tepid defense.