A Sign of Idiocy

I’m not sure how the banking system works in Australia, but I can say with certainty that is not what happens in the US.

We do not hold that money in some account and make interest income on it. We, in fact, can’t process checks through the system if the Federal Reserve is closed. Our work goes through them in order to debit the other bank account and credit yours (or vice versa).

Therefore, any Federal Holiday, the bank can not process the check all the way through the system.
In fact, the Federal Reserve defines a business day as

2.5 is a prime example of the failure of facilitated communication.

Heh - I did have almost that same conversation with the guy in the video store.

Except the petrol station part which does stay open 24/7, even on Christmas day

No shit. I could never be bored enough to post this.

I work in the call-centre for a bank. I am not an apologist for the banks. The amount of cheque fraud that still occurs in Australia staggers me. The very simple way to stop most cheque fraud is to have clearance days.

Then, occationally, you get signs like this one.

That’s awesome. I’m forwarding it to my boss; we should steal that idea.
“Open at 9:05 a.m.
Close at 5 p.m., technically, but The Boss is usually here until at least 7 p.m., and lately he hasn’t been heading home 'til the wee hours.”

You get your shirts cleaned at a video store?

My pet peeve is when I call a business and get a voice mail saying “We are currently closed. Please call back during normal business hours which are Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm” in that bitchy voice like I did something wrong.

It’s 10:30 a.m. on a non-holiday Wednesday, bitch. Pick up the fucking phone or change the message…

Paranoid much? :dubious:

-FrL-

I did say “almost” :stuck_out_tongue: