A thread about anything but &^%$#*

As long as the secret word isn’t mentioned, this thread can be about anything at all. We’ll just have to determine what &^%$#* is as we go along.

Some things that &^%$#* is not are:

filibuster
agronomy
butchering
lavender
Pygmalion
Johnson grass
laparoscopy
dilettantes

Do we win $100 if we say the secret word?

aardvark
aardvark’s
Aarskog
Aarskog-Scott
Aase-Smith
Ab
abacavir
aback
abacus
abacus’s
abacuses
abandon
abandoned
abandoning
abandonment
abandonment’s
abandonments
abandons
Abate
abated
Abatement
abates
abating
Abattoirs
abbey
abbey’s
abbeys
abbokinase
abbot
abbot’s
abbots
abbreviate
Abbreviated
abbreviates
abbreviating
abbreviation
abbreviation’s
Abbreviations
ABCD
abciximab
abd
abdicate
abdicated
abdicates
abdicating
abdication
abdication’s
abdications
Abdomen

It’s not out of the realm of possibility. Anyone like to volunteer to grubstake the thread?

Just in case this seems trite, silly, irreverent or a waste of time, I remember hearing that some famous person (Tolstoy, Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde, Red Skelton or somebody) and his brother had a club where to join you had to stand in the corner for half an hour and not think of the white bear.

I just wondered if we could avoid the word that none of us knew for a while.

It looks like tdn has hit on one approach!

sousaphone
wasabi
amphibious
telekinetic
purgatory
vagina

&^%$#*

ETA: DAMN IT! I just said the word, but it seems like SDMB is censoring it.

Is that an STD?

Yeah. It’s one of those Yahweh things, I guess. Maybe if you use lowercase and translate it as 765438 it’ll pass the censor.

No, but the duck comes down.
The secret word isn’t grouch or marks or harp or zepplin

I don’t know if you’ve noticed but by definition anything (any word) used in this thread will not be &^%$#* so we are free to discuss anything and everything since it is practically impossible to use every word. How many are we up to these days? Several hundreds of thousands anyway. Who has the patience to try to use them all, especially in sentences that involve other words that ought to appear to carry some meaning, even if it’s vague or fantastic sounding.

There is no “secret word” to try to guess. By definition it doesn’t exist. So use the freedom to discuss anything on your mind.

By definition it will be “on topic.”

My mind is officially blown.

Now, there’s a thought!

Liripoop?

Swordfish!

So Zeldar, when you had your first sexual experience, were you in the United States, in a relationship, trying to get a pet on a navel ship, or just trying to pick your next PC?

Earthquakes can be dangerous, but sometimes the tsnunami to follow can be even more dangerous. After calculating the light minutes the sun is from the earth, will global warming be affected?

Gun control and abortion rights came to a cross roads in a recent case in which midwestern town?

If your ex was no nasty, why were you together for so long?

YMMV :slight_smile:

I have increased my vocabulary by one.

Back when my son was in high school he had to go to the downtown library to do some research for a school project. While he was looking for his references, I decided to look around in the maps section. I found a whole group of maps of downtown Nashville that dated back at least 150 years and maybe even as far back as its founding year of 1779. I paid most attention to the changes that had taken place in the 20th century and how whole sections of town had been drastically altered over the years.

That got me thinking about the piece of land where my house is located and how if I had the technology to do such a thing how looking at a time-lapse movie of the comings and goings over this particular patch of ground from maybe 1,000 years ago or longer might show some startling things.

It’s like that thing about if you sit still long enough at some particular place in New York or London or Paris (or some other heavlily trafficked city) that sooner or later everybody you know wil pass by.

And I have yet to use the dreaded word.

That’s cool. I stopped going to my library a few months ago when they wanted charge me $150 for two lost books. One was even a paperback! I haven’t even picked up a book to read since then.

Fuck a duck, screw a kangaroo?
ETA: Urban dictionary has a whole song about it. That has to be the greatest website ever. Unless you’re not totally awesome and immature like me!

Semprini?

OUT!