A Thread for the Mueller Investigation Results and Outcomes (Part 1)

Just what makes you people think that Trump is still being implicated? This was always a counter-intelligence investigation, not a criminal investigation of Trump.

I mean, I wouldn’t surprise me at all if Trump were engaged in some kind of shady dealing, but where I come from we like to have actual evidence before assuming someone must be guilty. So far, we have a couple of underlings caught in perjury traps, and that’s it. The 13 indictments that just came down had absolutely nothing to do with Trump, but you are acting like this is the big breakthrough you’ve been waiting for.

It seems to me that the preponderance of evidence is looking worse for the Clinton campaign, the FBI and the Obama DOJ, and better for Trump. You want Russian Collusion? How about building a dossier against a candidate, funded by the opposing candidate, by paying anonymous Russian officials for ‘dirt’ on said candidate? Because that’s what Clinton did. How is that not 10x worse than merely accepting a meeting from someone claiming to have unsolicited dirt?

You want government malfeasance? How about using that dossier to get a warrant to spy on an American, without disclosing to the court that it was funded by the opposing campaign? How about using a news article as a secondary source to get the warrant, when you knew the article was based on the same dossier but did not disclose that to the court?

Then there is the questionable unmasking of the names being surveilled by Susan Rice and Samantha Power, Obama’s last-minute order that made the results of the surveillance much more widely available within the government, etc.

I mean, as long as the criteria for guilt is smoke and not hard evidence, I see a lot of smoke rising from the Democratic side of things.