AC/DC, The Clash, Elvis Costello - Hall o' Fame, BABY!!!

Hells Bells! Rock the Casbah! Watchin’ the Detectives!

According to the article you linked to, AC/DC, Black Sabbath and the Sex Pistols were all eligible previously but have not gotten in. If that is true that is insane - I am not a big fan of a RRHOF to begin with, but if you are going to have one, they all belong…

Going to be an interesting post ceremony jam session this year.

I continue to be astonished that Lynyrd Skynyrd has not been inducted. (I believe this was their third year of eligibility.)

What sort of world do we live in where Ricky Nelson is in the Hall of Fame and Skynyrd is excluded???

On the plus side, good to see Costello and The Clash make the cut.

It’s hard to fugure the H of F’s criteria. I look down the list of inductees, and I see a lot of two-or-three-hit acts. What gives?

I was stunned when I saw this. They’re actually going to induct bands that played Rock and Roll and were influential in it’s development. Crazy idea. After the last few inductees, I thought they were using some other criteria for membership.

WordMan, as far as Black Sabbath goes Ozzy is on record as saying that he doesn’t want Sabbath to even be considered 'cause he thinks the mere idea of the r’n’rhof is a bunch of shit. Plus, the critics did nothing but vilify and slam Sabbath for the better part of 20 years, so it’s confounding that these same critics would turn around and spout how fabulous they are.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Asshats. (The critics, that is.)

Spoke- exactly, which acts are you referring to vis-a-vie them only being two-three hit wonders yet still getting into the HOF. There are other genres of music besides R’n’R which are eligible for sonsideration y’know.