Actors (either gender) over 60 who can be considered A-List

Due to the success and apparent interest in Actors (either gender) under 40 who can be considered A-List(which at the time of this post has amassed 70 Posts and 1,796 Views in **Cafe Society **), I’m curious how the older gang is doing by comparison.

To start off, I suspect there’s little doubt that Judi Dench qualifies.

Others?

Meryl Streep.

Meryl Streep and Harrison Ford probably define this category.

Ian McKellen.

Just off the top of my noggin:

Samuel L. Jackson
Morgan Freeman
Kevin Costner
Michael Douglas
Liam Neeson
John Travolta
Robert DeNiro
Al Pacino

He’s retired but I’m sure Sean Connery would be welcomed back if he choose to do another movie.

Also retired, but Jack Nicholson for sure.

These make me wonder if Gene Hackman still qualifies…

Surely Michael Caine does! :slight_smile:

I don’t want to live in a world where Michael Caine isn’t A-List! :slight_smile:

Judi Dench
Helen Mirren

Robert Redford
Tommy Lee Jones
Clint Eastwood
Robert Duvall

Just for a kick in the seat of the pants, look over this list of the youngest group of the Over-60 crowd at Most Popular People Born In 1954 (1-50 of 2,909 names.) to see who all gives you that “Oh, no! Not him/her!” feeling.

How about Opie Cunningham? :slight_smile:

Denzel Washington. Yes, he’s 60.

Alan Rickman is 68.

bump

Dustin Hoffman

Dustin Hoffman

Edit: sorry, double post (I posted this one while the first was floating somewhere in the void)

Christopher Lee.

Ian McKellen? Alan Rickman? Christopher Lee? I don’t think there’s an official definition but I feel like to be “A-list” at least 25% of the general public would have to be able to identify a picture of them. I doubt that’s the case with those guys.

Or is it just my North American bias talking? Are those guys huge stars in the UK?

Do they have to be able to identify them by name, or is being able to say “oh hey it’s Magneto” or “oh hey that’s Snape” enough?